• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Are you sensitive to sound???

bubbling under

bubbling under

I'm currently taking citalopram and Amitriptyline, and When I was first on them I was so sensitive to sound I'd literally have my fingers in my ears and be in tears. Now a yr on, things aren't as bad as that but it's still there.

Also I get a high pitched noise in my ears, which sometimes can last up to 10mins and then another time it's like 30seconds or something along those lines.
Someone scrapping their plate would reduce me to tears on many an occassion.

Now, if there's too many different noises, of different pitches I just can't cope with it, and have to make a swift exit. So I guess what I want to know is has anyone else on here suffered with this at all whilst they've been on their meds. And did anything they did to combat it, make any difference.

J

jamesdean

I have been sensitive to this pre meds and now with meds I dont think its changed any in pattern, sometimes I could scream n in fact I did used to go n scream under the railway bridge like in the film caberet, Sometimes it just gets so much that I have to clode my eyes n try to make it disapear I havent found anything that combats it Its so f****ing distressing and you darent tell anyone else whot you are experiencing because they would proberly freak out.
Its like there is an amplifer in my head and it might be someone eating something its like 100 million times louder than whot ever it is, freaky stuff, I could give you so many examples the two worst is high heels and suit cases being draged I have to do an emergency stop n let the person go well past me n if I'm with someone it all looks a little odd

bubbling under

bubbling under

James, I totally sympathise :hug:. Mine is more general noise, like too many voices, or coughing, or cutlery...which is the biggest issue for me. And the fact I'm more conscious of it doesn't help really. And then the ringing ears...gahhh:(

Has anything ever helped??

bubbling under

bubbling under

I'm bumping this, hoping to find others with the same issue.

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
I'm often sensitive to noise too.....and I don't take any meds. I think it is stress, at least for me. Also, the less I eat and sleep the more sensitive I am to light and noise. It is hard to eat and sleep well when I am anxious but I have to make bigger efforts to do so otherwise I get further into the vicious circle.

Take Care :flowers:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Depression Forum 3