• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

are you psychic?

J

justlikeawoman

i think i have a pretty nice psychiatrist. when i went to see him last week he asked me about if i had any hallucinations and i started to tell him about something that had happened to me a few days before. he surprised me by saying that maybe i am just one of those people who has premonitions.
what do others out there think about premonitions. vision, voices are they from the head or are they supernatural/spiritual?
and how can we separate the head from the heart? how can we know the difference?:unsure:

R

rose

Founding Member
future

i am whenit comes to husband
food ....cars [email protected]
and the only voices i get is the kids scraming at me and my own paranoia...
oh how do you spell that
but seriously why dont you see if there are any groups on this kinda thing ,
could be really interesting ,
:)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I wouldnt say im psychic but ive def got a connection with my 2 girls (now adults)

When my daughter was a teenager she went out with her boyfriend to buy me some milk from the local shops. Within a few minutes i put my coat on and went out still in my slippers. My daughter was half carrying her boyfriend who had been attacked by a gang of thugs. Luckily all he needed was a few stiches. But it was as if i just knew my dxaughter needed me.

More recently i got the feeling to contact my younger daughter. Normally i would just try to get her at her home but for some reason i phoned her mobile. She was just being carried out of the cinema and into an ambulance.

My sister and i often phone each other at the same time and answer the phone b4 it rings:confused:

E

ems

Founding Member
are you psychic

I wouldnt say im psychic but ive def got a connection with my 2 girls (now adults)

When my daughter was a teenager she went out with her boyfriend to buy me some milk from the local shops. Within a few minutes i put my coat on and went out still in my slippers. My daughter was half carrying her boyfriend who had been attacked by a gang of thugs. Luckily all he needed was a few stiches. But it was as if i just knew my dxaughter needed me.

More recently i got the feeling to contact my younger daughter. Normally i would just try to get her at her home but for some reason i phoned her mobile. She was just being carried out of the cinema and into an ambulance.

My sister and i often phone each other at the same time and answer the phone b4 it rings:confused:

THINK MOST PEOPLE WOULD SAY THEY HAVE HAD AN EXPERIENCE OF STRANGENESS WHEN IT COMES TO PSYCHIC HAPPENINGS.
I THINK WE ARE ALL INTERCONNECTED IN SOME WAY. LIKE WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE FEELINGS OF DEJA VU..
I KNOW I HAVE LOTS OF EXPERIENCES AND DREAMS WHICH I CAN NOT EXPLAIN BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME SORT OF CONNECTION AND MEANING WITHIN IT ALL. I CAN TELL IF MY FAMILY NEED ME AND THEY CAN TESTIFY TO THIS.
DO YOU THINK THAT PEOPLE WITH MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS ARE CLOSER TO GOD THAN THOSE WHO DONT OR ARE CONSIDERED NORMAL/SANE?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
No i dont think they are. They might when they are going thru a phase. But there again i have known a few radical believers, who believe that any illness we have is deserved. Which is absolute codswallop.

My sister has quite a strong faith but also has bechets syndrome. Her skin is covered in ulcers and she uses a motorised wheelchair outside. She had some so called religious do gooders come to her door and start preaching and they told her the marks were devils bites:scared:

She asked them to wait a minute and calmly walked into the kitchen filled a bowl of water and threw it over them.:oops: She stil sees them wondering about the street but they never knock on her door any more:p

E

ems

Founding Member
Are You Psychic

WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT RELIGION THOSE PEOPLE WERE CONNECTED WITH BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT WHAT THEY SAID WAS WAY OUT OF ORDER. I DONT THINK IT IS FOR ANYONE ON THIS EARTH TO SAY SUCH A THING TO YOUR SISTER. DID THEY SEE THE DEVIL BITING YOUR SISTER? I THINK THEY ARE THE DEVIL AND I AM GLAD YOUR SISTER DID WHAT SHE DID - BECAUSE, I THINK THOSE PEOPLE WERE FROM HELL AND THEY PROBABLY NEEDED SOME WATER TO EITHER COOL THEM DOWN OR QUENCH THEIR THIRST.
I DONT LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE "REPRESENT" GOD AND THEY ACT LIKE THEY ARE GOD.
BASTARD!!!!!!!
SORRY:evil::(:mad:
AND FOR YOUR SISTER :clap::clap::clap:(y)(y)(y)

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
But there again i have known a few radical believers, who believe that any illness we have is deserved. Which is absolute codswallop.

I believe that 'deserved' might be the wrong word daffy. I know there is a section of people who quote illness as being a physical manifestation of bad karma but I'm not sure it's as simplistic as that because it implies punishment and reward from a higher force - that is codswallop!

The theory behind karma and illness is more to do with an illness being something we have 'chosen'. I say this very carefully because I am aware of what I've just written. For those who believe we are reincarnated back to earth many times karma is the 'balance sheet' of our experiences. On a very deep subconscious level we 'choose' who we are, who our parents are, whether we are rich, poor, male, female, born in January or April etc...

The reason we choose is because those decisions lay the foundations in a new life for the lessons we have chosen to learn. The theory holds to the core principal that we are ultimately responsible for our own realities.

It's a hard theory to swallow for a lot of people, especially in our westernized 'blame culture' society. ;)

A

Apotheosis

The reason we choose is because those decisions lay the foundations in a new life for the lessons we have chosen to learn. The theory holds to the core principal that we are ultimately responsible for our own realities.
Very Esoteric; I have to say that I agree with you on this. I think I came into this life with allot of "stuff" to work through from previous incarnations. I didn't want to deal with this large amount of "karmic" build up & I fell out with my spiritual side. This caused an imbalance between my ego self & spiritual side. In attempting to find a resolution I think I drew in allot of "negativity" into my life to ground myself in the physical; leading to a search for the spiritual aspect to my "problems" which has lead to a patching up between the earthly ego nature & the spiritual part of my being, bringing me back into a kind of balance & the opportunity to deal with what I came here to do.

Oh & I think some people are genuinely psychic.:p