• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Are you an HSP? (Highly Sensitive Person)

amathus

amathus

This article discusses the Highly Sensitive Person, maybe it applies to you?
16 Habits Of Highly Sensitive People

"Do you feel like you reflect on things more than everyone else? Do you find yourself worrying about how other people feel? Do you prefer quieter, less chaotic environments?

If the above sound true to you, you may be highly sensitive... "

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yup it looks like it

xxx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Yep - me too!
The crying easily part has been suppressed by the anti-depressants, but without them, I probably would cry a lot more. x

B

BAGGPUSS

Are you lot talking about me ? Lol

Omg yes :nod2:

I could cry at a Gravy Advert.:yuck:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Are you lot talking about me ? Lol

Omg yes :nod2:

I could cry at a Gravy Advert.:yuck:
Hahah, that's actually really sweet. :hug:

I think i'm more likely to cry at "silly" things too, rather than any serious emotional stuff. x

B

BAGGPUSS

Hahah, that's actually really sweet. :hug:

I think i'm more likely to cry at "silly" things too, rather than any serious emotional stuff. x
Aww its can be embarrasing Somerset cant it, I Think northwest Water could tap into my tears and fill their resvoirs. Hehe

hugz lets both have a cry over it Somerset :cry2::cry2: :LOL:

N

Noetic

Yes, but I like to think of it as having an artistic temperament. :low::redface::unsure::(:cry2::clap::curseyou::LOL::D:rolleyes::whistle:;)

Last edited:
M

Mastiff mom

Yessiree, I fit the bill. It was essential when I was an artist but now I'm a weeping willow who just writes in the journal section--poetry. But I am not embarrassed to be sensitive or to cry. I feel grateful I feel things the way I do--unless I am in a suicidal depression. Thank God I have been doing well for the past couple of months.

N

Noetic

Well I'm a big strong man and so never ever cry...really, honestly, truly, I never ever, ever...:cry:
*sniff* *sniff* :cry2::cry2::cry2:

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

Oh lawd yes. To quote Bruce Banner, "I'm always exposed... like a raw nerve."

It has its advantages, but also many, many drawbacks. I'm very sensitive to criticism and I get upset very easily. I always look for signs of dissaproval or contempt when I'm interacting with other people and I almost always find it somehow. :cry:

merrida

merrida

I have to be. I'm a mess after just an argument with my daughter. I can't handles stress. I like my life calm. I think that I need to do some meditation today. I've got to do something.

So to answer the OP, yes, I am.

R

Rose19602

I wonder whether mental illness causes the "hyper sensitivity" ?

I've felt "jangled" with nerves, jumpy in noisy environments, unable to organise myself when under pressure or with loads to do and in tune with many of the other descriptors since becoming unwell....but before, I was pretty robust! I was always a bit of a "crier" when faced with emotion, beauty and music and never able to process more than 1 channel of "noise/sound" at a time....but not sure I was hyper sensitive??

I wonder whether the effects of mental illness and also autism spectrum disorders have been thought about when writing that quiz?

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yes, skin v thin,bad when try and fail to interract with HIPs - highly insensitive, lots of them about too.