• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Are you an all or nothing type person?

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I realised recently that I'm an all or nothing type person; if I get interested in something I pursue it obsessively; if I love something/someone it's all consuming; if I start a pack of biscuits, I'll eat the lot; even posting on the forum has become a bit of an obsession for me. Anyone else feel this way?

M

Mastiff mom

I am, too. I'm all in or all out. I try to be more moderate but I have a very passionate nature. So, if I love some one or something, like you, I can be obsessive.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Definitely here too! I can't cut down on the cigs - I either smoke constantly or not at all, same with alcohol (so much so, I don't drink at all) I obsess about things like this forum too!
Your not alone quick duck!

nonotme

nonotme

even posting on the forum has become a bit of an obsession for me. Anyone else feel this way?

I have never looked at myself that way but I think I can agree with you, I can get very obsessed with things and be greedy with them.

Though this can make my health worse at times, I try to avoid getting obsessed, but this then ends up with me not giving a dam about anything or anybody, including myself.

Jonwal

Jonwal

All or nothing no iam a satisfied delusionist :D demented aswell

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Yeah, i'd say I am an all or nothing type.

There's also a perfectionist in me that wants thing to be 100% and nothing else.
I used to destroy a lot of work and art I made because there was one tiny thing wrong with it.
I've learned to relax a bit though in that sense and am trying to keep some sort of balance.

coldwater00

coldwater00

I realised recently that I'm an all or nothing type person; if I get interested in something I pursue it obsessively; if I love something/someone it's all consuming; if I start a pack of biscuits, I'll eat the lot; even posting on the forum has become a bit of an obsession for me. Anyone else feel this way?
In some ways I'm very disciplined. Other ways, I've had to learn to not go all out. For example, I'm not good with alcohol (controlling quantities of it) - so I have to avoid it. I'm balanced with food and don't find it hard to eat healthily. I tend to go over the top with exercise and pushing myself physically, just for the thrill of it really. I'm also extremely stubborn so I enjoy proving people wrong.

Kerome

Kerome

I used to be a bit obsessive about the things that were big in my life, though I've never really been all-or-nothing. I've usually had a good sense of proportion and relativity.

T

TheTigerThief

I wouldn't consider myself one, I'm pretty relaxed about things and can keep a good balance.

trinny

trinny

hate to say all or nothing and nothing inbetween is such high ecpections either motivated to do all yes or nothing sluggish deppressed how do u change that

A

Alienated

Ignore him, you are totally something.
Its ok hes a bonified sociopath, he refered to his own daughter as the breeder..

I told him he could only be good as a pop up target at the Sheriff's shooting range. That he was so useless he would fuck up a wet dream. :D

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Some days i do loads , some nothing Mental Health Experiences 2
C The overwhelming nothing Mental Health Experiences 4
D i don't know what this is it could be nothing Mental Health Experiences 3
R Help for an 'all or nothing' mentality Mental Health Experiences 1
7920NewbridgeCovina To feel everything or nothing.. Mental Health Experiences 3
L I take 1mg of Klonopin a day but feel nothing? Mental Health Experiences 2
K Is it wrong to think I finally know it when I’ve spent so much time knowing nothing at all? Mental Health Experiences 1
N Nothing makes me feel less like an adult... Mental Health Experiences 3
D Nothing important Mental Health Experiences 2
M Nothing matters, not even this. Mental Health Experiences 3
Z I'm feeling like a fraud because I feel like there is nothing wrong with me. Mental Health Experiences 39
P Nothing makes sense to me anymore. I don’t know what’s happening. Mental Health Experiences 4
I_Wish I feel nothing, and then too much. Mental Health Experiences 4
R both everything and nothing is wrong Mental Health Experiences 5
S No rights at all, just a cash cow for the authorities, nothing is mine Mental Health Experiences 2
Bedsocks Hollow, vacant, empty, void, nothing, blank, gone. Mental Health Experiences 4
A Not Sure. Am I Making a Big Deal Out of Nothing? Mental Health Experiences 3
C Emotions are all or nothing? Mental Health Experiences 1
S I feel nothing.. Mental Health Experiences 3
A The empty nothing Mental Health Experiences 1
dermild Days of Nothing Mental Health Experiences 8
P Nothing Seems Worthwhile Mental Health Experiences 2
BrianHorlicks Nothing. Mental Health Experiences 3
CarpeDentum Impulse...something or nothing? This is a serious post, although I would not begrudge anyone who laughs as it does sound ridiculous to me too. Mental Health Experiences 2
F Nothing's making sense Mental Health Experiences 3
G Nothing is ever mine. Mental Health Experiences 2
M So empty from nothing, yet so full of thoughts and emotions. **Trigger Warning ** Mental Health Experiences 6
moyet Disturbing nightmares and feeling like nothing is real Mental Health Experiences 7
C There's Nothing Selfish About Suicide Mental Health Experiences 5
K Apparently nothing wrong with me!! Mental Health Experiences 3
K nothing changes in the end Mental Health Experiences 7
E Might be something or nothing, please help Mental Health Experiences 3
B My mental health has gone to nothing thanks to neglect by doctors Mental Health Experiences 5
D Does anyone recognise this type of behaviour and know the cause? Mental Health Experiences 15
D Can anyone relate to this type of thinking? Mental Health Experiences 8
N What type of traits are these? NPD? Mental Health Experiences 3
D some type of words I hear Mental Health Experiences 1
blueMandM90 Type 2 Diabetes and up/down moods Mental Health Experiences 9
Gajolene The Type of Veggie that Worsens Your Arthritis? (Plus a Vitamin to be careful with) Mental Health Experiences 1
amathus Your Emotional Type Quiz. Mental Health Experiences 18
N Physical ailments, type 2 Diabetes and run down mentally.Can anyone help? Mental Health Experiences 14
S Some type of letting go issue. Its killing me inside. Mental Health Experiences 2
M It's as if the person I love not only died, but never existed Mental Health Experiences 10
LORD BURT Do you have an emergency contact person? Mental Health Experiences 16
Jascha Am I a bad person? Mental Health Experiences 7
E Opinions/Perspectives Wanted on Recent Attempt and Response of Another Person Mental Health Experiences 10
L Highly Sensitive Person Mental Health Experiences 1
H Is it possible for a person unable to work due to mental health to eventually have a successful life and career? Mental Health Experiences 3
D Disability Law Service: No Help For Autistic Person Mental Health Experiences 1
indigoroad I'm literally a terrible person lol Mental Health Experiences 8