• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

are you alone all day?

M

misssadness

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am often alone all day and I really struggle. I try to distract myself as much as I can. I spend time online, with my animals, I do colouring in books or try to read. I am sorry you are finding it hard to be alone.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Sometimes I lack motivation to do things. I've been watching documentaries and playing team fortress 2 but also luckily i've had footy to go to but I think footy is out of the question because of my heel.
I want to get the Wii U to help with giving me something to do, plus I like Mario Kart 8.

I hope you all can find things to motivate you and keep you busy through the day.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

my aunty is staying with me until after the funeral but then ,if i cant afford social services help ,i will be alone all day and all night
its really difficult for me because im used to mummy being with me 24/7
thanks for the replies xx

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

What about friends and/or other relatives? They could visit you on a regular basis?

M

misssadness

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Is there any way you can take your dog for a walk? I notice other dog walkers always seem to be friendly.

valleygirl

valleygirl

Mostly I am alone all day. I read, watch tv and crochet, but what I find most helpful is to get out of my apartment and go for a walk by the river. When I am out in nature I never feel alone. Unfortunately I can't afford the gas to do that every day.

Are there no free mental health services in your area?

Poppy12

Poppy12

Hi Fairy Lu, my heart goes out to you with what you're having to cope with at the moment. Hang on in there lovely.

If you're going to spend lots of time alone you need to build a little structure in your day I think. This is what I tried to do when I used to be alone all the time. Maybe for example getting up at a certain time and going to bed at a certain time, having set mealtimes etc... I also made sure I left the house once a day even if it was just to buy a bottle of milk from the news agent, a bar of chocolate whatever. I also spent LOTS of time on the web!

The other option is to attend a drop in centre - I know Mind have some as do Rethink in some places. Social Services often have daycentres too where you can do art, pottery, creative writing, gardening etc. or just have a coffee and a chat. I went once a week to one of these centres and it was fantastic. A couple of hours spent in good company really gave me something to look forward to.

Hopefully your CPN should know what services are on offer in your local area and can refer you to places you'd like to go. Sending hugs x.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

no i dont have any friends and my aunty is in her 80s and finds it difficult to get around the only other relative i have is my sister and she lives miles away xx
That's a difficult place to be in. You have this forum and it's members, I hope that can be of some comfort to you.

A

Aquarius

Is there any way you can take your dog for a walk? I notice other dog walkers always seem to be friendly.
My sister got a dog recently and has met so many people. It is great how people with and without dogs stop and chat.

F

firemonkee57

I'm alone 98-99% of the time. Most weeks I speak less than 40 words to another person. I try and occupy my time online or watching tv and very occasionally reading a book. There are regular periods of feeling empty and bored . That is often an excuse to take to bed.
The problem for me has been worse since the council and the local mental heath trust refused to fund the local Rethink unless it ditched its befriending service and drop ins. A prime example of penny pinching coming before people's needs.