• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Are you a Hopeless Romantic? Take the test!

amathus

amathus

Self Tests by Psychology Today

'Are you a hopeless romantic? Do you get all mushy inside at the thought of a candlelight dinner with your loved one? Or are you a more pragmatic lover who thinks romance is highly over-rated? Find out whether you're Romeo or Juliet personified by taking this romantic personality test.'

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
i got 86%. According to your score, you are romance typified! Rose petals, poignant poetry, tall glasses of wine, touching moments, and sweet words are all loving gestures that you love to receive as well as offer. Romance is very important to you, and quite likely an aspect that you consider fundamental in relationships. Keep in mind however, that problems may arise if you are with someone who really isn't the romantic type. If you look forward to Valentine's Day to express your love and your partner doesn't even acknowledge it as a special day, you might end up feeling neglected or your efforts unappreciated. Nevertheless, even if your partner isn't as romantically inclined as you are, try to be appreciative of his/her efforts when she/he does try to woo you. Some people aren't comfortable displaying their affection in screamingly obvious ways, but this doesn't mean that they don't care ? they simply prefer to be more subtle. Whether it's you or your partner who is doing the romancing, check out the ideas in the Advice section for some simple and sweet romantic gestures that aren't tough on the wallet or too overwhelming.

i already knew i was very romantic. i just put what i thought i would do for the questions that were based on your past relationships so i dont know how accurate it is.

Unknown Dude

Unknown Dude

I got 62%, I didn't expect to get this much.

According to your score, you are a bit of a hopeless romantic. Rose petals, poignant poetry, tall glasses of wine, touching moments, and sweet words are all loving gestures that you enjoy receiving as well as offering. Romance is fairly important to you, and likely an aspect that you consider fundamental in relationships. Keep in mind however, that problems may arise if you are with someone who really isn't the romantic type. If you look forward to Valentine's Day to express your love and your partner doesn't even acknowledge it as a special day, you might end up feeling neglected or your efforts unappreciated. Nevertheless, even if your partner isn't as romantically inclined as you are, try to be appreciative of his/her efforts when she/he does try to woo you. Some people aren't comfortable displaying their affection in screamingly obvious ways, but this doesn't mean that they don't care ? they simply prefer to be more subtle. Whether it's you or your partner who is doing the romancing, check out the ideas in the Advice section for some simple and sweet romantic gestures that aren't tough on the wallet or too overwhelming.

katya

katya

89%

According to your score, you are romance typified! Rose petals, poignant poetry, tall glasses of wine, touching moments, and sweet words are all loving gestures that you love to receive as well as offer. Romance is very important to you, and quite likely an aspect that you consider fundamental in relationships. Keep in mind however, that problems may arise if you are with someone who really isn't the romantic type. If you look forward to Valentine's Day to express your love and your partner doesn't even acknowledge it as a special day, you might end up feeling neglected or your efforts unappreciated. Nevertheless, even if your partner isn't as romantically inclined as you are, try to be appreciative of his/her efforts when she/he does try to woo you. Some people aren't comfortable displaying their affection in screamingly obvious ways, but this doesn't mean that they don't care ? they simply prefer to be more subtle.

SarahD

SarahD

I got 82. I don't consider myself romantic at all. Um. :eek2:

TiredTina

TiredTina

Admin
57 (I'd say that's about right :rolleyes:)

According to your score, you are what we'd call a "borderline romantic". Although you're not the type who will go all out in the romance department, you do enjoy the occasional gesture of love. Romance in moderation is perfectly fine, and doesn't mean that you can't experience love and relationships as deeply as your more "romantic" friends. However, problems may arise if you are with someone who is either more or less romantic than you. If you look forward to Valentine's Day to express your love and your partner doesn't even acknowledge it as a special day, you might end up feeling neglected or your efforts unappreciated. On the other hand, if your partner is more of a hopeless romantic, she/he might end up feeling a little hurt when you don't show as much enthusiasm for romance as she/he does.

If too much or too little romance really is an issue for you, you may want to find a partner whom you are compatible with on this level. Keep in mind however, that this isn't a fundamental difference that must determine who you should get involved with.

Unique1

Unique1

Not completed the test...yet..but I know I am a hopeless romantic!

Mister.B

Mister.B

I went into it thinking I was a cold-hearted guy but apparently I do have a soft side.

Mister.B

Mister.B

I will say however most of the stuff also depends on how romantic your partner is.
You could be pretty unromantic but you just do what your partner wants and they like candlelit resturant dinners and such.

EDIT: In fact scrap this. I'm talking out my arse.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

51%.. borderline romantic. Pretty pissed off I didn't score lower, to be honest. :LOL: