• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Are voices really an existence outside the mind?

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Your eyes and your ears are the center of your conscious so why wouldn't it make sense you wouldn't have a organ for the subconscious, that is the balance system. It is the center for where the cause of schizophrenia is and hearing 'whispers'. It is known that a gyroscope can be used a rough microphone.
So many people complain of whispering and it is displayed falsely. It s not like a whispering but like a voice extending from near you ear drum. It is poor in microphone quality like the balance system. So its more of a faintness then a full on whisper to the ear drum.

B

Bischizo

I’ve literally heard voices while seeing a spirit close a door on me at the same time . Slammed the door shut as if it was not on hard carpet and normally hard for a human to close all alone and that spirit slammed it shut while whispering in my ear

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

Wow. Two completely different concepts. But I relate to both.

We can have acoustic hallucinations. That is mental.

Spiritually. There are other realms. I have lived in a haunted house before. It was an evil place that I have good memories of. But of course. At nights. Some times days.. Scary stuff...

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Wow. Two completely different concepts. But I relate to both.

We can have acoustic hallucinations. That is mental.

Spiritually. There are other realms. I have lived in a haunted house before. It was an evil place that I have good memories of. But of course. At nights. Some times days.. Scary stuff...
I heard voices on and off for the past ten years. I am suspicious of the way that they always have something next to say. Sometimes hallucinations feel like they start from my thoughts in a way as if I'm the best thinker and they just go with my thoughts instead of having them on there own. A ghost will never spark a conversation about something to you. It may yell and you listen and get involved but it rarely are there sensible explanations to what they say is true. They are alternatively opinionated but this may be because you have been shunned are put emphasis on some type of thought or behaviour negatively.

EdEd

EdEd

I'm thinking that since I'm not a telepath I dont engage in telepathic situations.. if it were possible , but I dont believe that's the case any longer. I've debunked my telepathic experiences as similar psychotic delusions..which I no longer have any problems.. so no reason to think its something that it's not..

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I've heard that voices are actually your own intrusive thoughts. And thoughts you don't recognise yourself or as your own.
I think you have a subconscious focus in your balance system that is like your eyes. If you put your attention in your peripheral with your eyes you will lose focus of what's in your center vision. So your focus is also your attention of your conscious mind. if you switch your attention to your peripheral and back and forth you will get a sick tail.