• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Are these normal symptoms of anxiety??

L

Lily23

I have been suffering from generalised anxiety for years and i am now seeing a therapist because of this. The thing is aside from the anxiety i have also been having problems with feelings of anger and hate. In other words I dont love or care about anyone (including my family). I have felt this way for a long time and I feel so fustrated and bored with my life. Im constantly worrying that I have to follow the rules set upon society, infact i have no choice. My anxiety seems to stem from low self confidence that i feel my so called family have caused, luckily i get to move out in a few months and get my wish granted to finally be alone. I also dont have any friends completely by choice. The thing is im am turning 20 next month and these feelings have just gotten worse, and although i am weirdly proud of my "philosophys" and who i have become, I am a little depressed about my life and my future. I feel so empty and lost like i want to live some sort of life that doesn't exist or atleast a life that would be frowned upon society so my life would be a little exciting (crazy, i know). Has anyone else had these feelings? Are they symtoms that can occur in someone who has anxiety? Should i tell my therapist?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I've definitely experienced the angry feelings and the numbness, but it was more depression related.
Though I guess anxiety and other mental health issues manifest differently in each individual.

I just saw that you said you see a therapist and wanted to say yes - this is precisely the thing you should bring up with your therapist, so you get hopefully get some more insight into.