• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

are these hallucinations??

S

saraa

hi people,

since 4 years i started to hear voices of unknown meaning, or some time words were not clear, i dont know if it was hallucinations or not,

i used to have depression and anxiety, i even had numbness on my whole left side of the body due to anxiety,

but the new thing is that i found that the smell of things became awful , but in the second day i found the smell became normal again!!, i dont have any nose problems,

some times i see photos, and i another day i found the same photo was not like i see it in the first time,
i mean for example, the man in the photo wasnt smiling or was wearing another clothes when i saw the photo in the first time,

the question is; are these hallucinations??

T

thrill

From a random book I have.

hallucination A hallucination is an event that
is experienced as a sensory perception (e.g., the
sound of a voice, the sight of someone or something)
but, in fact, is not real. The relevant sensory
organs, such as the ears or eyes, are not physically
stimulated, yet the person reports a sensory experience.
A hallucination is experienced as real, and
it may be perceived as originating from outside a
person’s body (as with the usual sensory experiences
of sight and sound), or it may be felt to come
from within a person’s own body. For example, a
person may report “hearing voices,” but the voices
may be experienced as coming from within the
head rather than from outside it. A delusional
interpretation (if present) of a hallucination, may
be consistent with a person’s belief system or, if
the person is psychotic, with his delusional system.
Hallucinations are distinguished from delusions in
that a hallucination is a disturbance of perception
whereas a delusion represents a pathological distortion
of normal ideation.

G

gabzgrl

Good question. The fact that you are asking shows that you have insight into your surroundings, unlike a person who has Anosognosia. Anosognosia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This term "Anosognosia" from Ancient Greek- "without "disease" "knowledge") is viewed as a deficit of self-awareness, a condition in which a person who suffers a certain disability seems unaware of the existence of his or her disability"

You appear to realize that you see things differently than certain people. If you study psychologist-- Carl Jung, philosophers i.e. Plato and Homer, these all studied the fragility of the human condition. Carl Jung studied specifically, schizophrenia and hallucinations. He developed a book called The Red Book, when he began his explorations of the human psyche and the context of hallucinatory experience, dreams, and meanings derived from them.

I would get a copy of The Red Book by Carl Jung if you can find it, an online copy is available free. I've downloaded it. Take a look at pages from The Red Book by Carl Jung | Books | The Guardian

C.G. Jung and the Red Book

BillFish

BillFish

hi people,

since 4 years i started to hear voices of unknown meaning, or some time words were not clear, i dont know if it was hallucinations or not,

i used to have depression and anxiety, i even had numbness on my whole left side of the body due to anxiety,

but the new thing is that i found that the smell of things became awful , but in the second day i found the smell became normal again!!, i dont have any nose problems,

some times i see photos, and i another day i found the same photo was not like i see it in the first time,
i mean for example, the man in the photo wasnt smiling or was wearing another clothes when i saw the photo in the first time,

How poor are you? Could you afford to ask a psychologist online? I found a therapist online £40 for 50 minutes, within 40 seconds of searching on google, if I had your symptoms I'd definitely ask an expert :p

G

Gredge23

No I do not believe these are hallucinations that happens me on a regular basis I believe it's a side effect of my tablets are you on medication?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

hi people,

I feel they are stress induced beliefs that can be related to psychosis.

I can relate to them from previous experience.

Are they hallucinations - perhaps they are - especially if you have a history of psychosis.

L

limichelle32

For me personally my hallucinations started when I was twelve! I did not know they were hallucinations or did I think anything was wrong. My hallucinations still today consist of either shadows, I hear footsteps at night when everybody is asleep, or actual people sitting on a chair or couch always near me. I also if I'm really stressed I hear voices. Voices coming outside my head. Since you are very aware of this you might not be having a psychosis. I ask if you are on medications?
Lisa

E

ettiene.dyer

Depends on who you ask. Deep ends on perspective. Bet if you slipped DMT into your hardware managing psychiatrist's drink or blew a little smoke his way, he might exceed you in his delusion of graduer. Takes a judge to make felon.