• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Are there any positives to life?

L

L1F3SUCK5

I’m struggling so much with suicidal thoughts at the moment. They’re getting hard to handle. I just can’t see any positives to life and everyday I dread having to do the same again the next day. I keep reaching out to services and my mental health team but they all just say the same thing. I just don’t know what to do anymore, I really am struggling, life’s too hard.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
With me I find I cannot think of the future or I feel worse. I take to take one day at a time or even part of the day at a time. I am really sorry to hear you are not getting support. I try to do small things to bring me little bits of joy. Things like, raising a plant, a bubble bath, watching a cheery programme. I do understand how difficult it can be to do those things when feeling depressed though.

L

L1F3SUCK5

With me I find I cannot think of the future or I feel worse. I take to take one day at a time or even part of the day at a time. I am really sorry to hear you are not getting support. I try to do small things to bring me little bits of joy. Things like, raising a plant, a bubble bath, watching a cheery programme. I do understand how difficult it can be to do those things when feeling depressed though.
Thank you for your reply and also your suggestions. I think that’s a good way to do it, I guess I just can’t seem to focus on the present, I’m too stuck in the future or the past because my mental health caused me to have to leave my college and I think about how I miss my friends. I also think about how much that has pushed me back in life and impacted my future. I’m trying to ground myself and focus on the present more but sometimes that can also seem unbearable. I’m hoping that once I get assigned an OT and start working with them this will get better.

A

always thirsty

all i have to do to feel depressed is think back on how much i could have accomplished this year. so i don't usually think about it, can't change it anyway.

so why are you suicidal? you still have loving parents, food, housing i'm guessing. this year set a LOT of us back, but we're in it together and next year will be better. if you accomplish some goals before next year you won't have to look back on december and think, hmm i could have gotten (x) accomplished in that time.

lol...it's funny you bring up watching a cheery programme - i just started watching "the office (uk)" recently and it was cracking me up. then i started watching season 2 and i felt sad for the receptionist having to watch her co-worker she likes flirt with the new girl and ricky gervais failing miserably to adapt. i was actually getting sad watching this lighthearted cheery show 😂

irwin

irwin

I enjoy watching movies and playing guitar. And eating. I'm not overweight, but I do look forward to meals. That's about it.

E

EveryNameIsTaken

I’m struggling so much with suicidal thoughts at the moment. They’re getting hard to handle. I just can’t see any positives to life and everyday I dread having to do the same again the next day. I keep reaching out to services and my mental health team but they all just say the same thing. I just don’t know what to do anymore, I really am struggling, life’s too hard.
Life can be very repetitive at times and I completely understand the boredom but you have to try new things buddy even if it’s as simple as going for a walk or spending your time differently, perhaps it’s about work? Working every day in a job you don’t enjoy? Attempt to find a new job or possibly a part time weekend job as something new to look forward to! Life is really confusing at times and you’re obviously in a position where it feels like it’s not enough but There’s such much more to life that you sadly don’t get to experience everyday, never mind how bad you may feel some days, life will always go on and then next day you won’t feel the same as you did yesterday. You’re always gonna have ups and downs in life it’s just the way it is but it always gets better I promise you that. Keep your chin up.

E

EveryNameIsTaken

Life can be very repetitive at times and I completely understand the boredom but you have to try new things buddy even if it’s as simple as going for a walk or spending your time differently, perhaps it’s about work? Working every day in a job you don’t enjoy? Attempt to find a new job or possibly a part time weekend job as something new to look forward to! Life is really confusing at times and you’re obviously in a position where it feels like it’s not enough but There’s such much more to life that you sadly don’t get to experience everyday, never mind how bad you may feel some days, life will always go on and then next day you won’t feel the same as you did yesterday. You’re always gonna have ups and downs in life it’s just the way it is but it always gets better I promise you that. Keep your chin up.
So tell me how do you feel today compared to yesterday when you made the post?

H

Hana26

Life can be shitty and painful but it's a one time experience and although many people would rather skip through it, one also gets to experience wonderful things and emotions.
These don't always make up for all the suffering but in life, nothing is ever constant, there can be changes, improvements, it's not linear.

We aren't condemned to one fixed fate. Is life worth living ? It can be and you can make it worthwile.
Are there positives ? That's a matter of perspective and that too can change.

Coming from someone who has wanted to disappear more than once, I've ended up living stuff that I would have never dreamed of living in a million years and I wouldn't have believed it would happen to me if someone had told me so during dark, hopeless times x

anex

anex

Thank you for your reply and also your suggestions. I think that’s a good way to do it, I guess I just can’t seem to focus on the present, I’m too stuck in the future or the past because my mental health caused me to have to leave my college and I think about how I miss my friends. I also think about how much that has pushed me back in life and impacted my future. I’m trying to ground myself and focus on the present more but sometimes that can also seem unbearable. I’m hoping that once I get assigned an OT and start working with them this will get better.
I hope things get better with the OT! I second EveryNameIsTaken’s question: how are you feeling today?

I have certainly been where you’re at. It is a soul sucking spot to be in. Living in the present with so much heaviness and despair can be really hard...Hang on to hope, friend. Even the dingiest of basements have windows.
If you could and knew it would help, what might interest you enough to hang onto the present moment, even if it’s for just a moment?

L

L1F3SUCK5

all i have to do to feel depressed is think back on how much i could have accomplished this year. so i don't usually think about it, can't change it anyway.

so why are you suicidal? you still have loving parents, food, housing i'm guessing. this year set a LOT of us back, but we're in it together and next year will be better. if you accomplish some goals before next year you won't have to look back on december and think, hmm i could have gotten (x) accomplished in that time.

lol...it's funny you bring up watching a cheery programme - i just started watching "the office (uk)" recently and it was cracking me up. then i started watching season 2 and i felt sad for the receptionist having to watch her co-worker she likes flirt with the new girl and ricky gervais failing miserably to adapt. i was actually getting sad watching this lighthearted cheery show 😂
Hi, thanks for your reply. We’re not actually 100% sure, but I dip in the evenings so bad and it’s every evening. It’s been like this for a while now. I have many physical illnesses as well as many mental illnesses so that doesn’t help. It’s just getting too much having to do this every evening. It’s exhausting. I’m also autistic, so that and my physical illnesses just make me feel as though life is not going to work out for me, as though it’s too difficult.

L

L1F3SUCK5

Thank you so much for your reply. Whenever I think of having a job, living on my own and having to work through life it really scares me, I feel I can’t do it. I’ve had a job before but I had to leave as it was just worsening my mental health. I try to get out everyday, usually just to go for a walk with my dog, but I always seem to still dip at night/late afternoon.

L

L1F3SUCK5

I hope things get better with the OT! I second EveryNameIsTaken’s question: how are you feeling today?

I have certainly been where you’re at. It is a soul sucking spot to be in. Living in the present with so much heaviness and despair can be really hard...Hang on to hope, friend. Even the dingiest of basements have windows.
If you could and knew it would help, what might interest you enough to hang onto the present moment, even if it’s for just a moment?
I’m better than last night, thank you. My family support me a lot, and I do appreciate them so much. I guess I find it hard to think of anything else when I get worked up and feel suicidal. Thank you for your kind and motivational message, hope you’re doing okay.

E

EveryNameIsTaken

Thank you so much for your reply. Whenever I think of having a job, living on my own and having to work through life it really scares me, I feel I can’t do it. I’ve had a job before but I had to leave as it was just worsening my mental health. I try to get out everyday, usually just to go for a walk with my dog, but I always seem to still dip at night/late afternoon.
Try waking up earlier in the mornings, Dunno what it is about night time but it seems to be the time you’re brain will wander. IM terrified of living in my own, I didn’t get my first job until I was age 21 and it was scary feeling on edge and anxious everyday but I’ve now just gotten used to it and it’s not scary anymore, when you make a change in your life and it feels overwhelming just remember you’ll get used to it One day or another, it’s not bad to be scared aswell I believe fear comes at a cost for imagination and by imagination I mean intelligence, it’s good to fear because you’ll be careful! But don’t allow the fear to stop you from trying anything, you gotta get out there and just try again

E

EveryNameIsTaken

Try waking up earlier in the mornings, Dunno what it is about night time but it seems to be the time you’re brain will wander. IM terrified of living in my own, I didn’t get my first job until I was age 21 and it was scary feeling on edge and anxious everyday but I’ve now just gotten used to it and it’s not scary anymore, when you make a change in your life and it feels overwhelming just remember you’ll get used to it One day or another, it’s not bad to be scared aswell I believe fear comes at a cost for imagination and by imagination I mean intelligence, it’s good to fear because you’ll be careful! But don’t allow the fear to stop you from trying anything, you gotta get out there and just try again
You can overcome anything with the right mindset I promise you that, you just gotta be strong enough to accept who you are and become even stronger everyday by learning from your mistakes