• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Are there any drug that help with PTSD ?

B

ballerina123

Are there any medications that help.
I see my doctor monday and just wondered if it's worth asking for something

Chris22

Chris22

Ballerina; Just be ready for the fact that there's no " Anti PTSD Pill " out there. Medics tend to need to adopt a suck it and see approach. If ye Doctor suggests they'll try ye on 'A', then that might not work for you. Then they'll give B a go. And so on.

Factor in that some take a while to do their thing in ye system anyway ....? Ye see how not to expect a quick fix?

Gajolene! Now I feel bad :sorry: I'm sat here with the stove lit and you're sat there cold?! Email yeself over here and have a warm up :hug1:

Gajolene

Gajolene

Ballerina has psychosis and PTSD I believe, that would need a specific combination of meds specifically prescribed for his unique set of symptoms to help him to keep things stable and under control. But Chris is right that there is no magic happy pill that's an instant fix. These things take time to work, and full cooperation with your doctor.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I can't really add to what's already been said.
There is no specific PTSD drug but there are medications that can help ease symptoms.

Just wanted to post and say that I hope you can have a good conversation with your doctor and if you make an informed decision to take some meds, I hope they work for you soon.:hug1:

R

Rolandrat

I have had to try the drug route as the wait for therapy has been so long. I take mess for anxiety and depressive symptoms, some thing to stop the trembling and something to stop the hallucinations and bizarre thoughts. It's put me in a more stable place to start the therapy ( had 2 sessions) that I'm not sure I could have done in my previous state. We are all different though, so tread carefully