Are there advantages in mental disorders

D

Danage

i understand

i dont know what an a typical is i guess i dont ask much questions, jesus wont make ya commit sucidide mate stick in there
That's true.

A typical is an older anti-psychotic with worse side-effects than the new atypical ones are. Typicals can cause tardive dyskinesia, and so can atypicals, but the when you're on typicals the possibility of getting tardive dyskinesia is worse (in other words, the possibility is increased).

Have a look here for atypicals and here for typicals.

I hope I am allowed to post links, it's just that wikipedia generally has a lot of the information you're after.

Last edited:
S

staples

That's true. A typical is an older anti-psychotic with worse side-effects than the new atypical ones are. Typicals can cause tardive dyskinesia, and so can atypicals, but the when you're on typicals the possibility of getting tardive dyskinesia is worse.

Have a look here for atypicals and here for typicals.

I hope I am allowed to post links, it's just that wikipedia generally has a lot of the information you're after.
thanks i will have a look at that

D

Danage

My belief in God.

I will pray, however, to know what God wants. The only reason I don't commit suicide is that it is outlawed in the Bible, and the Bible is the Word of God.

thats very much how i see life
My belief in God and His first-born Son, is what keeps me alive, and keeps me going in life. If I didn't believe in God (be He Triune (I was baptised as a Methodist) or United (I am now a Biblical Unitarian, an Arian of sorts)) I'd probably be dead long before now.

S

staples

My belief in God and His first-born Son, is what keeps me alive, and keeps me going in life. If I didn't believe in God (be He Triune (I was baptised as a Methodist) or United (I am now a Biblical Unitarian, an Arian of sorts)) I'd probably be dead long before now.
ive been going to the cathoic church but im fast becoming disillusioned with it, but i fear the evil spirits and when they attack me i need the consecrated bread thats the problem with moving to another church

what would you suggest?

D

Danage

ive been going to the cathoic church but im fast becoming disillusioned with it, but i fear the evil spirits and when they attack me i need the consecrated bread thats the problem with moving to another church

what would you suggest?
I would suggest reading the Word of God, praying and going to a church, as God speaks to a lot of people at church, even if you don't entirely agree with it. Try to be alone when you pray to God, when you read the Bible, and when you are at church.

God speaks through His Holy Spirit better when you are alone. Going to a synagogue or a mosque is also possible if you don't feel entirely comfortable in a church. I'm only a Lay Minister of a church that considers itself Catholic, but I'm not of the Roman variety.

That would just be my advice.

S

staples

I would suggest reading the Word of God, praying and going to a church, as God speaks to a lot of people at church, even if you don't entirely agree with it. Try to be alone when you pray to God, when you read the Bible, and when you are at church.

God speaks through His Holy Spirit better when you are alone. Going to a synagogue or a mosque is also possible if you don't feel entirely comfortable in a church. I'm only a Lay Minister of a church that considers itself Catholic, but I'm not of the Roman variety.

That would just be my advice.
naw me either. but im limited in this neck of the woods

thanks for all your help i got alot of it. i wont prope to deep about the medicines cause i stop taking them cause o side effects to

D

Danage

thanks for all your help i got alot of it. i wont prope to deep about the medicines cause i stop taking them cause o side effects to
You're welcome, and thank you for your advice. I have to say that when I saw a list of side-effects of Olanzapine it was one of the reasons I stopped taking it, and they reason my psychiatrist gave me Amisulpride, which is newer, and it seems, not as good as Olanzapine, as it didn't work. Now the Olanzapine isn't working, so they need to change it again. Stress is certainly getting to me, but hopefully my College will say that I can go back, hopefully.

A

Apotheosis

I will pray, however, to know what God wants. The only reason I don't commit suicide is that it is outlawed in the Bible, and the Bible is the Word of God.
Just a quick question. Sorry if this is out of place. I have read the bible a number of times, & I have studied it closely in the past. I cannot find anything specific about suicide. Of course there is the commandment "Thou shalt not murder" - does that mean killing yourself too? Does that commandment also cover "euthanasia"? Is there anything else, or anything specific in the Bible which specifically refers to suicide? Because I am unaware of it. :confused:

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Remember an outreach worker telling me to find god, i said to her in Philip K Dicks semi autobiography a CPN tells him to find god, He thinks "should i tell him my theories about god, no i don't want to be sectioned again" his whole book is about his search for god

A

Apotheosis

Remember an outreach worker telling me to find god, i said to her in Philip K Dicks semi autobiography a CPN tells him to find god, He thinks "should i tell him my theories about god, no i don't want to be sectioned again" his whole book is about his search for god
P K Dick was a genius - he was one of us - I have read a lot of his stuff, I really enjoyed VALIS. Was that the book you were referring to Rambo?

D

Danage

Thou shalt not murder.

Just a quick question. Sorry if this is out of place. I have read the bible a number of times, & I have studied it closely in the past. I cannot find anything specific about suicide. Of course there is the commandment "Thou shalt not murder" - does that mean killing yourself too? Does that commandment also cover "euthanasia"? Is there anything else, or anything specific in the Bible which specifically refers to suicide? Because I am unaware of it. :confused:
I think it depends on how you interpret the Bible. There are lots of different ways to interpret a single passage. I interpret the commandment 'do not murder' as 'do not kill any human being, including yourself', but that's just my take on it.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I can't remember which book it was it was one of his later, i like "through a glass darkly" where they're all living in this house and they're FBI agents investigating the drug problem and taking drugs

None of them know the others are agents and they turn up at HQ and write reports about each other then this guy is asked to investigate himself.

I don't agree with phil that drugee girls wake up when your watching them like dolls been switched on, i think all girls who wake up in bed with a schitzo wake up like that

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I was on Amsulpride for a month (June 2008), and it didn't work, so I was put back on Olanzapine, but now that isn't working, so they may be switching me to a typical antipsychotic, which I don't like the sound of.
Im on amisulpride but it makes me shake like mad, so they are gradually reducing it. I was on olanzapine but i put on so much weight with that i refused to take it again. They cant seem to find one that suits me

D

Danage

Im on amisulpride but it makes me shake like mad, so they are gradually reducing it. I was on olanzapine but i put on so much weight with that i refused to take it again. They cant seem to find one that suits me
The Olanzapine isn't working now, although I have asked whether I could try Amisulpride again, simply because Olanzapine made me put on 2st (I was underweight to begin with, now I am the normal weight for my height and age), and now it just makes me hungry. I read, on another forum, that the older atypical antipsychotics cause a carbohydrate craving, so that is why a lot of people feel hungry and put on weight.

Rambuie Perspecador

Rambuie Perspecador

Founding Member
I think it depends on how you interpret the Bible. There are lots of different ways to interpret a single passage. I interpret the commandment 'do not murder' as 'do not kill any human being, including yourself', but that's just my take on it.
The Commandment is clearly, and unequivocally, Thou shalt not Kill. That means all forms of termination, including, apparently, interventions to save a mother at the expense of the life of a child. Couldn't be much more irrefutable really. Must also include mortal combat, abortion, euthanasia, suicide, the whole gamut of compromised morals that medical science demands that we accede to these days.

Rambuie Perspecador

Rambuie Perspecador

Founding Member
Maybe that piperi - something would be worth a try. Just a different sort of side-effects, with less weight-gain, so I am told. Since it makes you feel queasy, thats hardly surprising. My poison is low-dosage amisulpiride, and lump the weight issue with manic-exercising. Now I have diabetes, I no longer know where to turn. we die 10 years before everyone else anyway, so I shall know when my time is up. :(

D

Danage

The Commandment is clearly, and unequivocally, Thou shalt not Kill. That means all forms of termination, including, apparently, interventions to save a mother at the expense of the life of a child. Couldn't be much more irrefutable really. Must also include mortal combat, abortion, euthanasia, suicide, the whole gamut of compromised morals that medical science demands that we accede to these days.
I agree with what you have put about the commandment 'Do not kill', which only applies to the human race i.e. you can kill certain animals for food.