• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Are physical issues related to psychological problems?

T

thrill

Mum used to say that when she was bullied by her mother she would break out in eczema.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
when i get stressed i get a rash on my fingers.

G

Gredge23

Yes I truly believe my mental health Ffected my physical , I have borderline personality disorder with schizophrenic traits , my main problem is my emotional disorder and most often emotions are felt in the gut I. My case was diagnosed with bpd a year later had a complete and utter emotional breakdown within days I had diarrhea vo it ting blood I. My stools nausea fever very very bad pains went into hospital and was diagnosed with Crohn's disease , bout 6 months later had another ve bad emotional breakdown again within days had very very bad pains almost fainting from them went to hospital and had to have an operation to take out a large part of my bowel.

So yes I truly believe mental can have an effect on physical.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

God Gredge, that is awful. I'm really sorry that you suffered so much with that on top of your emotional distress. :hug1:

I've recently had to have a colonoscopy to rule out bowel disease because I get very serve symptoms. Luckily nothing was picked up (still waiting for biopsies though) but even so, if I can feel that rotten without having an IBD I can't imaging how awful it must be to endure. :(

But yeah I also get eczema that is triggered by stress and anger.
I first got it when my abusive older brother moved into the family home and seem to be almost free of it since having my own safe place to stay.

G

Gredge23

Thanks Somerset even to this day I can still feel my emotions in my gut , good I'm glad nothing was ther for you it's horrible Alrite most days I can't get off the couch sometimes due to mental and sometimes due to physical , ya I actually heard of someone that used to happen to she had eczema but it wud get worse all over when she was stressed to , good u have a safe place and it has stopped :)

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

I get very lightheaded, headaches and vomit when stressed or really upset due to acid reflux. On bad days for me (my mum's and grandad's birthdays, anniversary of their deaths and basically the whole of September) I get very cold and shaky, hyperventilate and feel like I'm going to collapse at times. Your mind affects your body.