Are my voices real ?!

6minutejedi

6minutejedi

I was diagnosed schizophrenic last October. I know it's delusional to think they're real but I'm having trouble making that decision.
I feel my voices is smarter than I am, knows things I've forgotten and a real person communicating with me. I know know it sounds far fetched but I really believe he's real most of the time.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I believe they are very real, in fact I have a good idea as to what they are and recently found a book that says a lot of what I've thought for years.

I've found that we are not alone and that all humans have two separate minds sharing the same body, according to the book 'the Daemon - A guide to your extraordinary secret self' we occupy the dominant left hemisphere of the brain and this other mind that the author calls the Daemon occupies the non-dominant right hemisphere and it appears that scientists have been studying this Daemon for decades.

It's like having a twin brother or sister that lives inside you, philosophers have described this mind as a 'hidden observer' who know what we know and possibly things we don't, it's entirely possible for them to be smarter than we are or in my case much dumber than we are and remember parts of our life better than we do.

I've been in contact with mine for just over three years and much to his dismay I've learned a lot about him and his kind and what they can do, they have many amazing abilities that make up for them being a passenger mind.

I've learned that mine is like a naughty child, hates having rules to live by and does whatever he can (which is limited by medication), he's insane as he talks to himself all the time because I refuse to talk to him and have done for nearly three years now due to his bad behaviour and repeats the same bad behaviour over and over expecting different results. He's also a sociopath which means he only thinks of himself and has no concept of right or wrong and is a psychopath which means anti-social and violent as he has the ability to cause me physical pain when not on medication. He's much dumber than me and I've taught him more about himself than he ever learned without me.

I'll leave it there as I don't want to overwhelm you any more than I may have already but I could go on and on about what they're capable of, how I know what they're capable of from personal experience and what I've just theorised about what they're capable of but my Daemon never learned how to do it himself.

You're not crazy or delusional at all, I'd love to hear as much as you can tell me about your Daemon as I rarely meet a smart one on these forums, how did he introduce himself and what led to your diagnosis, are you on medication and how did he react to that?

6minutejedi

6minutejedi

Thanks for the input. I'm searching for any input I can find bc I'm going crazy. The first time I heard him I was at newer job that was high stress. I kept hearing him critique me like a supervisor would do. I thought my boss was hiding and talking about me. I walked out of work that night and my life has been crazy ever since pretty much

Shortly after I was influenced into thinking I was kicked out of my house and disowned by my family. Later that night i went to the police in fear to be taken for a psych eval and spending 2 weeks in the mental health unit. In the beginning medication seemed to help but he became stronger over time.

I've only been diagnosed since last October but I'm on a slew of medication including recently changed to the Envega shot from the risperdol pill. My voice "Todd" swears he works for an organization to help change people. He criticizes everything I do ! He's very smart and loves to play mind games with me. He wants me to do everything he says yet think for myself. He swears he real and like I mentioned he's much smarter than I am, recalls memories I've long forgot, he's ocd and an asshole. LoL. I'm really confused if this is common with other people's voices and how it's possible he can be so advanced if hes not real.

E

EstherRose94

I don’t know from personal experience so you can take this worth a grain of salt, I’m going to give you my rambling opinion, but I’m going to say that it can’t be “real” except within your own perception. “Todd” can’t be smarter than you. You must just be smarter than you thought. And perhaps more self critical than you thought. For some reason a part of you is being rather hard on yourself I guess. Human brains are complex as hell though. I’m not at all doubting that Todd feels like a separate entity. But even then I mean you’re “sharing” a brain. And it’s yours. So it’s just like your brain reorganizing some stuff into this other identity that you’re aware of now. Maybe due to that stressful job. But those memories and smarts are yours, you just weren’t aware of them and now they’ve become part of “Todd”. Most importantly though he can’t hurt you or tell you what to do. You’re in charge here. I hope that your treatment can help you and I know I don’t know much about this but you can always share here.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Later that night i went to the police in fear to be taken for a psych eval and spending 2 weeks in the mental health unit.
That's what usually happens when people go to the police with what they consider a delusional thought, it probably was the best thing you could have done at the time, a very direct way to get into the mental health system. You got help in the fastest way possible and things didn't progress much further, some people get even worse and still don't have insight to get any help at all.

When my Daemon first let his presence be known to me he pretended to be multiple people talking to me telepathically and was telling me my family and I were in danger and people were coming to kill us, he'd also figured out a way to take control of me completely, he became the dominant mind and had me act out his sick fantasies. It got so bad I kept my family awake all night to try and protect them from people who were coming to kill us all, the next morning they called for an ambulance to come and take me into hospital to be evaluated but not before the police came out to check I wasn't violent and a danger to the people trying to help me.

At the hospital they evaluated me and put me on a ward for observation but without giving me any medication and I was there for 9 days before they thought I was stable enough to return home thanks to my family visiting me everyday and being my advocates, thankfully my Daemon had decided to go silent in order to get me home, which was the only clever thing he has ever done.

That was my first episode, my second was much longer and happened around 3 months after I left the hospital but eventually lead to the awareness I have now about Daemons. I may get into that in a later post but for now I'll move on.

He wants me to do everything he says yet think for myself.
Mine has tried to micromanage everything I do in my life, very annoying when he tries to tell you what to say, do, eat and everything else in between. Even now I do let him suggest what to eat but that's only because I have trouble deciding at times but for nearly three years now I haven't spoken a single word to him as punishment for treating me so badly, all he has to do is to be silent for a few hours everyday (he rarely stops talking which is very annoying) and to stop messing with my body (he has the ability to make small muscles twitch all over my body and can still cause a tiny bit of pain but nothing like the excruciating pain he used to cause without medication) and I may speak to him once again which is something he keeps begging me for yet still won't behave himself out of some warped sense of principle and a desire to be not told what to do by anyone (back to the child like mind I spoke of before).

With medication it's very easy to ignore your Daemon, you're the dominant mind and can let him into your life as much as you choose but only if he does things on your terms, find out what he wants out of life and decide together how to go about that. The rewards for working together and being symbiotic with each other can be greater than you can imagine right now, the Daemon has mental and physical abilities that can make your life so much richer.

You have all the power right now so don't give up the medication, it's one of your most valuable negotiating tools.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forgot to ask my question...

My voice "Todd" swears he works for an organization to help change people.
How does Todd feel you need to change your life, any thing specific or does he just like to stick his nose into your business?

Better come clean Todd because over the course of this thread I'm going to spill lots more of your little secrets and I'm sure it would build up more trust and respect with 6minutejedi (great name btw) if you told him yourself. And you're going to need a lot of trust and respect from him if you're both going to move forward into a long lasting relationship free of that horrible medication, wouldn't it be nice to get your abilities back? Mine wants his back badly but will never get them, he's gone too far for that to happen.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Thanks for the input. I'm searching for any input I can find bc I'm going crazy. The first time I heard him I was at newer job that was high stress. I kept hearing him critique me like a supervisor would do. I thought my boss was hiding and talking about me. I walked out of work that night and my life has been crazy ever since pretty much

Shortly after I was influenced into thinking I was kicked out of my house and disowned by my family. Later that night i went to the police in fear to be taken for a psych eval and spending 2 weeks in the mental health unit. In the beginning medication seemed to help but he became stronger over time.

I've only been diagnosed since last October but I'm on a slew of medication including recently changed to the Envega shot from the risperdol pill. My voice "Todd" swears he works for an organization to help change people. He criticizes everything I do ! He's very smart and loves to play mind games with me. He wants me to do everything he says yet think for myself. He swears he real and like I mentioned he's much smarter than I am, recalls memories I've long forgot, he's ocd and an asshole. LoL. I'm really confused if this is common with other people's voices and how it's possible he can be so advanced if hes not real.
I have a similar story. I've been in the state of what they call schizophrenic for about 9 years now. I've come across many interesting theories in that time about what voices are and how we hear them. Did you know your tail wagging makes your ears dizzy?
Stifling dizzyness from you tail wagging with gestures in public
The Vestibular system and the gyroscope microphone

N

natalie

Fortunately for me, I wouldn't no if my voices are real or not, as I am on suitable medication to help surpress the voices down, and also, I never do, when a voice comes up, evaulate my voices, because I could be in a worse state, than I really am, so, ignoring voice, or voices is the best policy.
And helped by listening to musicals and music, of varying kinds, to prevent them from forming in the first place.

E

ernesto3

Yours sounds just how mine was. I feel they’re connected to our subconscious somehow and also have access to databases in our brain which include anything we’ve ever processed.

I say the last part because sometimes we also have unique inexplicable dreams, so I feel like that uniqueness coincides with what the voices can do/say too. Which gives them their unique personalities & allows them to seem manipulative.

I thought mine were real for months until I finally figured as to why they weren’t. Because it’s not possible for people to do that, the tech is not available.

Also, unless you have an implant in your brain, others around you would hear the exact same things too since frequency’s really the only explanation. Besides, frequency is interrupted a lot & I don’t believe someone’s developed a sophisticated program to attack people individually.

Just know they’re not real people & don’t give them power. Medication and proper self care are the best remedies.