• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Are intrusive thoughts corelated with strong motivation?

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

Hello,

Is here anyone who experienced intrusive thoughts especially when for example had really strong motivation to do good things or to be good person? Or when someone attempted to pray strongly than normal, or love someone strongly than usually?

I'm curious

T

Troubledgirl

Hi MikroKosmos, are you Greek? I am too! :)
I have severe ocd and yes, it does get worse if I perceive a situation to be very delicate or a lot is riding on it. Ocd is based on doubt and second guessing, so if we feel a decision or situation is very important, we will feel more anxious over it.
Striving to be a good person makes us weigh our actions and decisions heavily and can also cause us to over analyze others’ actions towards us.
Hope this helps.

G

Grubelnsucht

Hi there! Google a type of OCD called “Scrupulosity” - I think that might have some of what you’re looking for. Troubledgirl is right, though. These types of feelings are pretty universal among our kind. You’re not alone...

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

Yep, I have for example really high conscientiousness in five factor model, I am chceking out things for few times. I even tend to control others after do things related to me.