• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Are geeks really narcissistic?

T

ThinkingOfAUserName

I hang out with many of them, me being a bit of a geek myself, and I can honestly say geeks have their own universe, geeks are very very diverse. No, not every geek is like Sheldon Cooper, I have met a few narcissists and many who are not.

Ras

Ras

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah, the study even says that geeks are narcissistic just because they love fantasizing about people with great power such as superheroes. I mean who doesn't fantasize about idols or idealistic archetypes? Almost everybody does it.

The ideals doesn't have to be fictional characters like supernatural heroes. They can also be athletes or political leaders. They can be anyone. Football fans seem to fit.

Everyone has ego in some way. The study seems to think that neurotypicals or non-narcissists are perfect and pure which is nonsensical.
what does fantasizing about fictional characters with super powers have to do with narcissism?