• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Are anxiety disorders common among schizophrenics?

EdEd

EdEd

I generally eat whatever is available really.. I eat a lot of meat ,So chicken , pork chops , and ground beef.. a lot. I cant afford steak too much. collard greens , spinach , kale ect

Daybreak

Daybreak

When it comes to me, I usually cheat on diets for a variety of reason. Just staying on a diet without cheating, means for me means that I have a healthy, filling, good tasting alternative to junk in the house. Also I got to be more assertive about things, that's got me into trouble more times than I can count.

EdEd

EdEd

So how are your voices on a day to day basis? Have they improved since cleaning up your diet?

EdEd

EdEd

Well I wish you the best of luck and I hope you have great success in this.

A

always thirsty

Not gonna lie I been really enjoying meat, usually chicken, with mashed and GRAVY!!! been a few weeks I started doing this a few times a week and my sleeping problems, 6 months of insomnia, are GONE!!

Isn't curry and turmeric good for anti inflammatory? Maybe you could put some of that on your cauliflower and chicken.

Daybreak

Daybreak

Isn't curry and turmeric good for anti inflammatory? Maybe you could put some of that on your cauliflower and chicken.
Thanks for the recommendation, I tried Tumeric with Cauliflower rice for breakfast today. Tumeric is anti inflammatory. I've heard Tumeric works even better if you use black pepper with it. I'm not sure about curry, I have to look it up.

Daybreak

Daybreak

Black pepper increases the absorption of Tumeric into the body

Daybreak

Daybreak

Did you guys develop anxiety disorders before or after developing schizophrenia?

EdEd

EdEd

I developed panic attacks after getting schizophrenia , I'm not sure if that's tied into anxiety or not..

Daybreak

Daybreak

I developed generalized anxiety before schizophrenia.

EdEd

EdEd

I gotcha , so you had anxiety right before schizophrenia? Or awhile before you got schizophrenia?

Daybreak

Daybreak

I realized I'm some times my understanding of things is bad. I make a bunch of silly mistakes. I feel if I got rid of the anxiety the delusion would be more manageable.

EdEd

EdEd

That makes sense , I understand what you're saying.