• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Are anxiety disorders common among schizophrenics?

Daybreak

Daybreak

Do you have an anxiety disorder? If so, what anxiety disorder do you have?

On Fire

On Fire

Yes, anxiety and paranoia are definitely closely related. Paranoia is sort of anxiety with energy, anxiety with vengeance.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Yes I have general anxiety disorder as well as schiz.

mandy125

mandy125

I have anxiety and I suffer with panic attacks I think they are closely related also x

EarthChild

EarthChild

Yes I have anxiety disorder as well as schizoaffective. Get panic attacks and social phobia

EdEd

EdEd

I experience panic attacks.

Daybreak

Daybreak

I have generalized anxiety.

A

always thirsty

yup, seems like we're all in agreement. reminds me i gotta take a diazepam, i'm about to split.

can you imagine not being schiz? i mean just totally normal with your mind on everyday job/relationship/family like everyone else...would that really make you happy, or would you feel just a bit empty?

Jam1990

Jam1990

I have generalized anxiety disorder. Freckin’ sucks

Daybreak

Daybreak

can you imagine not being schiz? i mean just totally normal with your mind on everyday job/relationship/family like everyone else...would that really make you happy, or would you feel just a bit empty?
It would be nice not having schizophrenia. I would have less delusions, I would probably be able to think clearly, I'd have less anxiety and no voices. I'd say it would make me happy.

EdEd

EdEd

It would be nice not having schizophrenia. I would have delusions, I would probably be able to think clearly, I'd have less anxiety and no voices. I'd say it would make me happy.
Me too.. would be a nice change of pace.. imagine if one of us somehow healed completely.. that would be something..

Daybreak

Daybreak

Me too.. would be a nice change of pace.. imagine if one of us somehow healed completely.. that would be something..
Right now I'm trying a Anti-inflammatory diet, to see if it's inflammation that causing my brain fog, anxiety and/or schizophrenia.

EdEd

EdEd

Nice what type of things are you eating.. I've tried the vitamin route , and the nootropics routes.