• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Appointment with psych today - don't want to go

J

Jamie29

Hi all,
My CPN has booked me an appointment to see the doctor today. I don't want to go. At the moment I feel like engaging with mental health services is just a waste of time - I'm not getting any better. How do I tell my CPN I'm not going? I get worried about not being cooperative in case she admits me :confused:

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
I think you should go. it could be really helpful and their is nothing to lose by going.

maybe ring up your cpn and have a discussion about feeling the mental health services are a waste of time.

Unique1

Unique1

Hiya
I know it's difficult when you don't want to go.
Sometimes though, you can be surprised at how things turn out and you may pick up some good advice or guidance. That's happened to me.
Sorry I'm not more help. I hope you find the strength to go, or at least speak to your CPN about it.
X

J

Jamie29

My CPN text me to check we're still on for 1:30pm so I just said yes. She said the doctor is coming to review my medication. I hope she's given him a bit of background about me so I don't have to go over everything I've told my CPN in the past.