• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Apparently nobody likes me and everyone laughs at me

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

My parents live in apartments, and the thing I notice is how living in such close proximity with so many different ages /personalities can be very conflicting.. It reminds me a bit of school, so many people together and we have to try /hope to get on.. But realistically and practically it isn't always possible... So there are those that tend to become more solitary /isolate/withdraw as a form of protection I guess, not engage unless absolutely necessary.... It just highlights how others can and do affect us, and how small our world is - so many people of different beliefs /attitudes/backgrounds etc - and living in perfect harmony is impossible
So true. It's like a micro-society.

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
lol. I don't care about being laughed at online or anywhere else. I care not. But by people I thought were my friends and who live in my building? Disappointing!
I wouldnt underestimate what indirect abuse can do to someone with schizophrenia

K

Keesha

Welcome to people. Be careful the way you choose to engage them. The quote “good fences make good neighbors” exists for a reason. xo, j
Completely agree.
Honour boundaries.
Good Neighbours are nice to have. You can usually count on good neighbours but I never kid myself to think we aren’t ever talked about. If they are chatting about others, then most likely they chat about others, they’ll chat about you. That’s a given, for the most part.

I’ve found that in order to tolerate others I just have to have a good sense of humour. If people need to talk about others to make their life more enjoyable, then their life probably sucks and they are jealous. Don’t underestimate the shallowness of humanity.

I like you Stevie.

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
We keep telling ourselves that, I know I have recently. Putting up boundaries means putting your own feelings first, because of how people can potentially make you feel.
Its difficult sometimes, because we are unpredictable and all have our own thoughts.
I have my boundaries but I reach out also

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
@stevie_sloth

I hope you can find the right balance of friends and have no stressful drama with your neighbours.
Its great that you have a community. I'm a bit envious of that because it sounds like fun.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

@stevie_sloth

I hope you can find the right balance of friends and have no stressful drama with your neighbours.
Its great that you have a community. I'm a bit envious of that because it sounds like fun.
Well, it CAN be fun! Ideally it SHOULD be fun. But there is SO much drama it seriously makes Melrose Place look boring.

K

Keesha

Oh! Am I suddenly on your ignore list too. I thought we were friends.
I guess I was mistaken. Something must have happened that I’m unaware of.

K

Keesha

Oh the irony. I’ve supported you with every problem you’ve had and talked about. 🤷‍♀️

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
I was glad to catch you both together so we could all chat. its true we all have our own thoughts. Lets try give each other the benefit of the doubt.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Oh! Am I suddenly on your ignore list too. I thought we were friends.
I guess I was mistaken. Something must have happened that I’m unaware of.
What?? What ignore list? I wondered why I hadn't seen you posting around here for a while!

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Oh the irony. I’ve supported you with every problem you’ve had and talked about. 🤷‍♀️
Yes, you have!

Are you talking to me or someone else?