• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Apparently nobody likes me and everyone laughs at me

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

So, my building is a hive of gossip and craziness. Lots of problems. It's 28 levels and 121 apartments, with a group of about 30-40 owner occupiers (all the other apartments are rentals or vacation / holiday lets).

I THOUGHT I had a few friends in the building. We've had occasional dinners out and social times. I'm talking about maybe...8-10 people.

But now, one of them just moved out suddenly and didn't say anything. Another one betrayed my FP so now they're never speaking again. This person has also been blabbing about ME around the building and said that no one likes me! THANKS A LOT! I'm sad now! I don't care what most people think, but when I THINK I have friends...it's embarrassing.

On top of that, 2 of those friends (a married couple) who my partner and I have spent the most time with, and who we hung out with at their place from 6pm until 3.30am a few weeks ago (and THEY wanted us to stay even longer!), one of them apparently made fun of my social media...ah...ok. I find my media fairly normal actually.

So...does ANYONE actually LIKE me? Is there ANYONE who isn't GOSSIPPING about me behind my back!?

Talula67

Talula67

So, my building is a hive of gossip and craziness. Lots of problems. It's 28 levels and 121 apartments, with a group of about 30-40 owner occupiers (all the other apartments are rentals or vacation / holiday lets).

I THOUGHT I had a few friends in the building. We've had occasional dinners out and social times. I'm talking about maybe...8-10 people.

But now, one of them just moved out suddenly and didn't say anything. Another one betrayed my FP so now they're never speaking again. This person has also been blabbing about ME around the building and said that no one likes me! THANKS A LOT! I'm sad now! I don't care what most people think, but when I THINK I have friends...it's embarrassing.

On top of that, 2 of those friends (a married couple) who my partner and I have spent the most time with, and who we hung out with at their place from 6pm until 3.30am a few weeks ago (and THEY wanted us to stay even longer!), one of them apparently made fun of my social media...ah...ok. I find my media fairly normal actually.

So...does ANYONE actually LIKE me? Is there ANYONE who isn't GOSSIPPING about me behind my back!?
I like you Stevie, I love your posts as they help me loads 😘💞:hug:

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome to people. Be careful the way you choose to engage them. The quote “good fences make good neighbors” exists for a reason. xo, j

P

paws4thought

formerly Anxietyhell
People can be a real pain the A**e... I like you Stevie, you come across on here as a nice, intelligent and balanced person....

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Welcome to people. Be careful the way you choose to engage them. The quote “good fences make good neighbors” exists for a reason. xo, j
SO TRUE! I almost always just keep to myself. I'm friendly but I don't just start talking to people if I don't already know them. I've never told anyone anything private or personal, and yet it seems in the absence of this, people have just made up their own stories about me anyway!

That's why the few friends I have (I think?) are only 8-10 out of a possible 40 owners.

C

C50

People love to gossip, even about their friends, it's so very sad, and frustrating. I'm sure people like you, but they will still talk about you because they like gossiping better. One of the reasons I become more and more isolated is because I'm tired of dealing with fake people.

Sadly there's not much you can do to stop it. Best you can do is try not to give them any fuel, share no secrets, divulge no worries, post nothing online.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

People can be a real pain the A**e... I like you Stevie, you come across on here as a nice, intelligent and balanced person....
Oh goodness! Thank you! lol. I have many mental problems, but these "friends" don't know any of that. I am always friendly, people SEEM to like me...I don't get it.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

People love to gossip, even about their friends, it's so very sad, and frustrating. I'm sure people like you, but they will still talk about you because they like gossiping better. One of the reasons I become more and more isolated is because I'm tired of dealing with fake people.

Sadly there's not much you can do to stop it. Best you can do is try not to give them any fuel, share no secrets, divulge no worries, post nothing online.
Yes. This is very true and I actually do this anyway. I remember saying to my FP mid last year, don't trust anyone. And I don't. I don't divulge secrets. I've got a LOT of stuff people would have a field day with if they knew, but they never will because I'll never tell. I do keep to myself most of the time.

I tend not to repeat gossip because (1) it's not my thing to tell, and (2) I often don't know if what I've heard / been told is even TRUE!

Ugh...get a life, people! (in my building I mean). lol

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

Former member
Happy New Years! Stay safe be happy be nice, I befriended my neighbor and helped her look for a home, now she has moved sadly… and also during the holidays is a good way to introduce yourself, like hi 👋 (waves) happy new years and wait and say hi again or something. No need for alcohol and cookies. Lol.

P

paws4thought

formerly Anxietyhell
It can take just one person to upset our day, a thoughtless remark or comment and its taken personally because that is how it feels... Maybe the problem lies with them? Maybe for whatever reason they are jealous, envious, feel threatened in some way etc etc... You know its not true that "noone likes you" and people do like you