Apathy and Isolation

T

tigerslover

Does anyone else feel apathetic and on top of that withdraw socially?

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Yes, especially lately. I feel content to just sit in my recliner all day sipping coffee.

J

Jules5

I definitely feel apathtic. No emotions indifference towards everything no emotion and with drawn from people. I keep trying to figure out why is it my lifestyle or medications for the last year I have had absolutely no motivation or reaction to anything out side of house work. I am not working and maybe this is causing a huge hinderance fro me. Then I think if I get on SSI my life will not change. I tried working and it was horrible. Ithink all and all I am lonely need affirmations from my peers need some nice friends that are not out for themselves. For now I am just waiting on SSI hearing and hoping this will bring about a good change. 2 more months.

fazza

fazza

I think apathy and schizophrenia go hand In hand. It's a hard cycle to get out of and seeing as it kinda forms part of the negative symptoms of schizophrenia it becomes a real struggle. Sometimes it is easier when you have such aggressive negative voices being spoken to you it becomes second nature to become apathetic.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

I have been withdrawn for a long time. I only associate with family now. It has been that way for 6 years, you do get used to it eventually. Happens to people with MI or even healthy people.