• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anything that helps?

N

NrLondonGuy

Hi

I suffer from severe OCD and Anxiety. OCD will get dealt with soon so put that on a shelf. At moment main problem is anxiety. I was on antipychotics for 5 yearsthen came off them few weeks ago. Hate meds (weight gains other issues) so determined to give things ago without them although now may not be right time. Anyway - anxiety is like somemonster tryign to get out of my head. Wake up and feel most realxed (stay in bed worried about anxiety returning). It slowly get worse, take a lorazepam at 4/5pm but still jittery and can't keep still all day aprt from behinf laptop.

I do things to help: 2 very hot baths a day (lovely), 30 mins gym a day, tryign to do mindfullness medicaiton which help massively also. All these things help and without them I woudl have gone nuts but still that anxiety seems to be comig from nowhere and juts bitting me all day. so edgy, can't relax, restless you know the stuff. There seems to be no pychological cause either. OCD was major stress in life but will go to Maudlsey soon so put that on a shelf for when I get there. It like a pychical thing I can't control. Will try accupucnture and accupressure tomorrow. Any suggestions to help me? Going nuts. Will see Pych sometime to discuss new medicaiton but want to avoid if poss and hope its just temporary.

B

Baz

Have you tried any self help guides which your GP could give you guidance on. Not sure about England but here in Wales they do book prescriptions on things like that to help you.

Deep/controlled breathing is one good one to keep you relaxed, I know it sounds simple and silly but by doing correct breathing exercises you can relax your muscles and let out the tension. There's actually many people who don't breath correctly :)

That could be a starting point for you, even if you do, do these already, keep at it, I still do mine every night even now.

N

NrLondonGuy

Thanks - do you have any links on how to do good breathing or is it that adominla breathing thing.

I have an anxiety self help book but all over place at mo so find it very hard to read anything other then on laptop. (OCD stops me reading also as get stuck on important words sentnaces and can take an hour to read a paragraph).

N

NrLondonGuy

Thanks - My local CMHT are meant to be helping me with anxiety but they havn't given me that much info yet.