Anyone with Schizoaffective got children, what do you do to have time out on your own?

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

Anyone with Schizoaffective got children, what do you do to have time out on your own?

I have three children who I love to pieces but sometimes I just need some me time.

I was wondering what people on this forum do for time out to get away from the struggles of parenthood while dealing with Schizoaffective.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hello,
I'm not schizoaffective and I don't have children, but I hope you don't mind me replying.

I presume that you don't have any problems with finding someone to look after your children and instead you're asking for ideas of what to do when you get some time to yourself?

What sort of things did you go before having children? Are there any old hobbies that you'd like to think about taking up again?

Also, i'd suggest doing anything that gives you some time to relax and nurture yourself.
Not sure how you feel about getting a massage, having a reflexology treatment, going to a sauna, getting your nails done?
I know some people are a bit too self-conscious for something like a massage, but it's always good to do something nice for yourself.

Plus, if you live near a college, you can get good treatments from students really cheap prices.

Those are just a few ideas anyway. I hope that you find something that suits you and makes you feel good.

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

Thank you for the reply, a massage doesn't sound too bad.

Never had one before but I'm guessing that it is a very relaxing experience.

Talking about colleges I do have one down the road from me, I never knew you could go in there and have the students work on you depending on their chosen profession.

SarahD

SarahD

Hi fate_w_g

I have Schizoaffective, but don't have children. You would think someone in here would...?

Somerset Scorpio's ideas are good.

It is worth looking at the local forums for your area. These have been updated recently / are being updated, to show activities in each area. These are mainly for people with mental health problems. Some have activities, some courses. Some are drop ins. Can be useful if you have a couple of hours free, or feel more comfortable with people with similar problems.

Local library might have lists of other things you can do locally, or get involved in.

Best wishes Sarah

fate_w_g

fate_w_g

Thank you SarahD.

I will have a look at these forums and see what activities they have on them.

I appreciate all the input so far, it's not a case of not having a babysitter but more of what can I do with my free time when I get some.