Anyone with pocd on here

C

Charlie2019

I’ve had to research this cos I’ve never heard of this before I mistook it for pcod and was a bit puzzled at the conversations. This must be an awful thing to live with I hope you all get the therapy /treatment necessary and hope it is cureable :grouphug:
Hi

Ive never done cbt it is a terrible thing to live with ive been much better was able to cope better.Until i got very stressed then i had a relapse.Im very scared now im very scared about doing cbt too.I hear people outside my building talking about me.i hear the neagbors below each night and morning and it scares the life out of me.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi

Do you still have pocd i have depression and quiet a lot of anxiety.Things have got very bad you can see in my other thread about hearing them.I dont feel safe im very scared even emptying my bin is really hard.I think something is going to happen to me.
I am taking medication for all my mental health issues at this time. In October of last year, I had the worst time ever. Now, I feel much much better.

Don’t be scared. Remember you are not your thoughts. There’s a difference you need to recognize.

You have to see your doctor soon. The sooner the better. Explain to him/her how you feel exactly. It sounds like it’s very sever and needs to be addressed immediately.

I am very sorry you’re going through this but stay strong and convince yourself that even healthy people get intrusive thoughts. The difference is we are too aware of our thoughts and we analyze every though deeply and we speculate about why are we thinking this way.

Like I said, medication really helped me. I am on Escitalopram 25 mg daily.

I hope this helps.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I forgot to mention that there’s a medication mostly used for all kind of OCD including Pure Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It’s called Luvox. It’s a newer medication. It can treat psychotic symptoms as well. I’ve read many reviews and the majority of people on it said it’s a life changer.

My psychiatrist wanted me to switch from Escitalopram but I was doing good and didn’t want to switch. You should mention it to your doctor.

I wish you good luck.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I’ve had to research this cos I’ve never heard of this before I mistook it for pcod and was a bit puzzled at the conversations. This must be an awful thing to live with I hope you all get the therapy /treatment necessary and hope it is cureable :grouphug:
Thank you so much.

It terrorized me for over 2 months straight non stop. I used to hide anything sharp in my house. I get so scared when I am around children to the point I had to run outside the house and leave my kids until my wife got back home. I just sit in the front yard and wait for her to get home.

Mine got triggered by hearing news about a person I’ve only seen once who killed himself. Then all hell broke loose.

With medication and therapy, I am doing much better. All my symptoms are almost disappeared.

C

Charlie2019

I am taking medication for all my mental health issues at this time. In October of last year, I had the worst time ever. Now, I feel much much better.

Don’t be scared. Remember you are not your thoughts. There’s a difference you need to recognize.

You have to see your doctor soon. The sooner the better. Explain to him/her how you feel exactly. It sounds like it’s very sever and needs to be addressed immediately.

I am very sorry you’re going through this but stay strong and convince yourself that even healthy people get intrusive thoughts. The difference is we are too aware of our thoughts and we analyze every though deeply and we speculate about why are we thinking this way.

Like I said, medication really helped me. I am on Escitalopram 25 mg daily.

I hope this helps.
Well thats good things are better for you now.I used to feel that way on meds.

Yesterday my mother stayed and a film come on about a young girl that goes missing.I dont know what i was feeling while watching that film but i didnt feel good.so switched it over to snooker then there was a young looking player playing again i felt the same.Its usualy hard watching the tv when others are in the same room.

I havent been outside for a very long time because i feel im watched and followed and im worried about my safety.i did ask a gp to visit me at home but they refered me to the cmht.Now things arent really going anywhere with them.They did say there doctor will come out to me but they dont know when.

Cheers

C

Charlie2019

I forgot to mention that there’s a medication mostly used for all kind of OCD including Pure Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It’s called Luvox. It’s a newer medication. It can treat psychotic symptoms as well. I’ve read many reviews and the majority of people on it said it’s a life changer.

My psychiatrist wanted me to switch from Escitalopram but I was doing good and didn’t want to switch. You should mention it to your doctor.

I wish you good luck.
I will do when i get a chance thanks

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

You are very welcome.

Never watch anything that’s intense or has violence. Stay away from the news.
Watch something relaxing like nature documentaries that has no violent or predators.

You can watch comedy instead. It’s very recommended.

You know that your thoughts are not real and illogical. You could think of them as an illusion. Self talking can be very helpful. You have to persuade your brain to think more positive.

You need to start going out even if it’s just around the house.

I’ve experienced the same symptoms that you’ve experienced. Traveling was my best medication but unfortunately this time I couldn’t travel and I had lots of stress last year.

Don’t give up and have trust in yourself that you are strong and very aware. People with OCD are more aware of healthy people. Can you believe that? So you shouldn’t worry.

C

Charlie2019

You are very welcome.

Never watch anything that’s intense or has violence. Stay away from the news.
Watch something relaxing like nature documentaries that has no violent or predators.

You can watch comedy instead. It’s very recommended.

You know that your thoughts are not real and illogical. You could think of them as an illusion. Self talking can be very helpful. You have to persuade your brain to think more positive.

You need to start going out even if it’s just around the house.

I’ve experienced the same symptoms that you’ve experienced. Traveling was my best medication but unfortunately this time I couldn’t travel and I had lots of stress last year.

Don’t give up and have trust in yourself that you are strong and very aware. People with OCD are more aware of healthy people. Can you believe that? So you shouldn’t worry.
If i was on my own i wouldnt of watched that girl going missing.it was just one of them films my mother watches at 3pm.Since coming out of a mental hospital i can only watch calm things or slow things on tv.nothing violent anymore and i do watch nature programs when there on.

I dont know when ill be able to go out my ocd is worse i suspect most people and cars are following me and i stare at them while feeling terrified.

Ill try watch comedy when its on

Cheers