• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone who found a new or unusual career in the lockdown?

C

ChinaJewel

I always struggled to find the right job. I felt I could never fit into most jobs I tried so I always felt at a loss. I tried waitressing it wasn't for me and I always got anxious having to use the till to serve customers. I wasn't sure if I could go into nursing or social work in case they may be stressful jobs. I am currently doing a course on psychic development online as well as making bead jewellery. I thought maybe self-employed may be better for me.

C

CabbageMama

I’ve dropped out of both Social Work and Nursing degrees due to not being able to manage the stress levels. Really frustrating as they are careers in which I feel I would be able to do well in and make a difference.

C

ChinaJewel

What sort of thing are you interested in? :hug:
I suppose freelance writing, writing short stories, jewellery and working from home, singing lessons, various online courses. Learning the piano and writing poetry.

C

ChinaJewel

I’ve dropped out of both Social Work and Nursing degrees due to not being able to manage the stress levels. Really frustrating as they are careers in which I feel I would be able to do well in and make a difference.
Are you doing anything else at the moment? I have been stuck at home a lot of the time now.

C

CabbageMama

I’ve been off sick since just before Christmas.. I really needed a break, but with medication issues to sort, it has all gone on way too long. Stuck at home too, but have a 12 and a 13 year old here with me. They are awesome and have me in fits of laughter frequently, so I am very grateful for that. A lovely distraction from other stuff.

R

rawlinsc

I tutor. I saw a job for tutoring online that pays well. I might apply for it. They may not hire me because I work in a library and tutoring center and not in a school. Also I cannot make too much money or I will lose my NJ familycare insurance.