• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anyone voices ever went away permanently?

MissPink

MissPink

If you are hearing voices mentally, do you think that they may be your own negative voices from you? I used to have "voices" that were unpleasant and not nice towards me and that was my inner voice saying horrible stuff to me because I went through a bad breakup that fucked me up and it was the stress that caused it.

ht46

ht46

Yeah mine did pretty much I hear things very rarely like people on the street insulting me and if I'm super stressed I'l hear a disturbing one, but for the most part the voices went away when we first treated my psychosis. They were very awful and would keep me up at night when I had them so it's good they're gone. I don't know how I did it I was put on lorazepam, zopiclone and respiridone and while on on the heavier dose I was basically a zombie but I stopped hearing the voices. The only thing I've been unable to treat is telepathy.

I think what aided my recovery is I was not being hospitalised my mother worked from home and she said she would look after me I spent a couple years very medicated and just watching movies, I think this chill out period allowed my mind to heal a lot.

Q

Queenoface

If you are hearing voices mentally, do you think that they may be your own negative voices from you? I used to have "voices" that were unpleasant and not nice towards me and that was my inner voice saying horrible stuff to me because I went through a bad breakup that fucked me up and it was the stress that caused it.
My doctor asked the same question, but most times the voices seem like it's someone else completely. But what you are saying is, it could be that it's my negative thought patterns or thinking is manifesting as voices? Interesting.

Q

Queenoface

Yeah mine did pretty much I hear things very rarely like people on the street insulting me and if I'm super stressed I'l hear a disturbing one, but for the most part the voices went away when we first treated my psychosis. They were very awful and would keep me up at night when I had them so it's good they're gone. I don't know how I did it I was put on lorazepam, zopiclone and respiridone and while on on the heavier dose I was basically a zombie but I stopped hearing the voices. The only thing I've been unable to treat is telepathy.

I think what aided my recovery is I was not being hospitalised my mother worked from home and she said she would look after me I spent a couple years very medicated and just watching movies, I think this chill out period allowed my mind to heal a lot.
Good for you, maybe while on treatment, I should do my best to stress less and see if that would also contribute to my own healing, because I stress alot.

U

uviol

ACCOUNT CLOSED

Would you say these experience's are more common now as there seems to be many online using social media. Some would be genuine and detailed accounts.
That why there are so many consciences within our combined accounts.

ht46

ht46

Would you say these experience's are more common now as there seems to be many online using social media. Some would be genuine and detailed accounts.
That why there are so many consciences within our combined accounts.
I don't really understand your question, I don't use facebook I have an instagram but it's not a personal one.

MissPink

MissPink

My doctor asked the same question, but most times the voices seem like it's someone else completely. But what you are saying is, it could be that it's my negative thought patterns or thinking is manifesting as voices? Interesting.
Ok, if you have been through some kind of trauma, trauma can mess your head up and create these other "voices" that we hear that we think that are talking to us! I used to have my inner voice talk to me when I was a child and then I called one of them michael. So weird I think I was messing.

Though it sounds like what ever made you this way has had an affect on the way you think. Are the voices friendly or are they self sabbotaging voices?

Q

Queenoface

Ok, if you have been through some kind of trauma, trauma can mess your head up and create these other "voices" that we hear that we think that are talking to us! I used to have my inner voice talk to me when I was a child and then I called one of them michael. So weird I think I was messing.

Though it sounds like what ever made you this way has had an affect on the way you think. Are the voices friendly or are they self sabbotaging voices?
They are always against me and tries to put me down constantly.

W

wellness

I'm a voice hearer for 5 years now and I just want to know if anyone was successful in making the voices go away? Would like to know how.
I wish they did Ha Ha ...