• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Anyone used ARIPIPRAZOLE?

A

am i sane

Hi there, Ive just come off Depakote as it didnt physically agree with me, im going to start on Aripiprazole in the next few days, has anyone else taken these?

dib4uk

dib4uk

Hi there, Ive just come off Depakote as it didnt physically agree with me, im going to start on Aripiprazole in the next few days, has anyone else taken these?
Yes the retail name is Abilify- I take that, nearly be a week on friday.

Big suggestion is take it after you eat, cause my problem was nausea and sickness, and if you can grim and bare with the side effects- as long as its not to serious then maybe you'll find the inner peace you've been searching for...or something like that anyroad.

:scared:

A

am i sane

Oh, i was hoping there woudnt be any side affects :rolleyes:

i coudlnt cope with depakote, the indegestion was so painful and was lasting 24/7 at the end it was unbareable.

Do you mind me asking what dosage your on? :D

dib4uk

dib4uk

Oh, i was hoping there woudnt be any side affects :rolleyes:

i coudlnt cope with depakote, the indegestion was so painful and was lasting 24/7 at the end it was unbareable.

Do you mind me asking what dosage your on? :D
Sadly all medicines even vitamin suppliment have side effects.

I'm on 10 mg. As its my first week i dont know if its working but according to my mood diary its still up and down.:eek:

A

am i sane

oh dear, :unsure:

im starting off on 5mg going to 10 after a week.

Are you Bi polar?

A

am i sane

Oh right, never heard of that.

Mine is a toss up between Bi polar and borderline personality disorder :rolleyes:

soem psychiatrists seem a bit confused themselves about their jobs :rolleyes:

keepsafe

keepsafe

I am on aripiprazole - I have been on it for quite a while now - I find it eases the agitation.

dib4uk

dib4uk

Oh right, never heard of that.

Mine is a toss up between Bi polar and borderline personality disorder :rolleyes:

soem psychiatrists seem a bit confused themselves about their jobs :rolleyes:
If i had spelled it correctly, cyclothymia is a "milder" form of biploa 2.

am i sane-Yeah its common for people who had persoanlity disorders to have depression or bipola.

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
I have been on aripiprazole for four months now. the only side effects i had at the beggining was nausia. I think the maximum dose is 10mg daily.

Sugar Coated Owl

Sugar Coated Owl

I recently switched from Depakote to Abilify. I took it for a couple of weeks but found it made me tired and not able to focus. I've stopped taking it at the moment because I just can't cope with being tired/focus problems whilst working.

Wendy

Wendy

Hello,I've tried abilify unfortunately it gave me huge panic attacks.
Heard it can be very helpful to some though.
Wendy x

M

mld

I am on 25mg of aripiprazole and have been on it for two years. I just have to take meds to not cause stomach upsets at the same time.

J

jamesdean

I have been on it 15mg for many years though sometimes I try to leave it off but always end up back on it.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Im on depakote and a few otheres and aripiprazole was added. After a while i shook uncontrolably. Even after I stopped taking it , it still took over 2 months for the shaking to stop. but ive heard of others that have no problems at all. Just give it a chance