Anyone try Lexapro?

C

CPO06

Has anyone tried this rx? What dose did you take and how did it affect you?

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Has anyone tried this rx? What dose did you take and how did it affect you?
I am on the generic version of Lexapro. It’s called Escitalopram. It’s a great medication for depression, anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I can say that it decreases my symptoms by 95%.

For the first month, the only side effects that I experienced were tiredness and feeling very sleepy. I was on 10mg but it stopped working after 2 weeks. I had to go up to 30 mg right now. This will subside after your body adjusts to the medication.

After reaching 20mg and up to 30mg, I started to feel no desire for sexual activities at all. Zero libido. It doesn’t even crosses my mind but I would take that anytime as long as I am not anxious, panicking and depressed.

C

CPO06

I just got an rx for 5mg. I took it for a few months about 10 years ago. I don’t remember how much I was on, but I remember the first 4 days or so being really rough. I’m scared to start it again for that reason. It made me feel like I was running on adrenaline or something.

MeropeneM

MeropeneM

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Tried it but it interacted with my amphetamines in the sense that I had too much serotonin but it wasn't bad really. Years back though, a dude I knew who was also on Lexapro screwed up big time, he flagged his buddy who was sitting down checking his phone. So he called the cops and when the cops asked him why he flagged his friend he was like "I thought it was funny".

That was super fucking weird. Not sure how related it is, it's probably nothing.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I just got an rx for 5mg. I took it for a few months about 10 years ago. I don’t remember how much I was on, but I remember the first 4 days or so being really rough. I’m scared to start it again for that reason. It made me feel like I was running on adrenaline or something.
I am very anxious when it comes to trying new medications. It was first time ever trying meds for mental health.

I started at 2.5 mg and built my way up.
It’s known that the first 4-5 days will be hard but it’s worth it. Soon enough, you’ll find yourself doing great. Don’t let the fear control you.

Lexapro is one of the safest medication out there.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Tried it but it interacted with my amphetamines in the sense that I had too much serotonin but it wasn't bad really. Years back though, a dude I knew who was also on Lexapro screwed up big time, he flagged his buddy who was sitting down checking his phone. So he called the cops and when the cops asked him why he flagged his friend he was like "I thought it was funny".

That was super fucking weird. Not sure how related it is, it's probably nothing.
I don’t think the situation with your friend related to the meds in anyway but that did sound weird though 😁