• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

anyone tried clozapine?

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know I've been going on about this recently but just wanted to know if anyone has tried clozapine?

V

Vincent

I've never tried it,doctor of mind on youtube says if he had a family member who was schizophrenic he would want them on clozapine.
I would'nt mind trying it.

J

jo1261

someone i knew was on clozapine, it made him slur his speech and have fits

I

IntrospectionFtw!

It was the first atypical they discovered/developed or w/e and it's supposedly the most affective probably because it works on a broad range of receptors and is quite potent. but i really dont think this makes a difference they all work the same really you just need to take an equivilent dosage to get the same result it's just d2 blockage really the thing that clozapine has that probably makes it better is 5HT-1A and a1,a2 which is why i think people like aripiprazole,queitiapine,clozapine the best. that's my theory anyway i've pretty much taken every drug.

S

scrappy

I take clozapine... I had to go into hospital to get started on it, was in for nearly 3 months. I know in some areas they will start you on it in the community but you'll be best checking with your dr about the local situation. If you've been reading up on it you'll know about the weekly blood tests which do get tedious but arent forever.

Clozapine has really helped me, don't let scare stories put you off it - it's safe as long as you use it as prescribed and go to your blood tests.

The side effects i have had are weight gain, excess saliva, and sleepiness.

J

jo1261

Clozapine has really helped me, don't let scare stories put you off it - it's safe as long as you use it as prescribed and go to your blood tests.

The side effects i have had are weight gain, excess saliva, and sleepiness.
side effects are also fits and slurred speech. if you mean that i write stories, youre wrong, all i have written is from experience. i wouldnt write it otherwise. i have seen plenty of people who have huge negative effects from neuroleptics. maybe a 'doctor' will pay attention sometime
but if you think a drug works for you then take the drugs