• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anyone tried Ashwaganda?

B

Bunglefever2112

I recently started taking 300mg capsule ashwaganda at night right before bed. It's been about 2 weeks and I thought I'd noticed some benefit from it as I was waking up way less anxious and panicked than I had been. One of the precautions is to not take it if you have an ulcer, which, I didn't really think I had before but lately, I've been having some stomach issues and one of them is a burning sensation in the upper left quadrant of my stomach. The worries about my stomach are basically counteracting the effect the ashwaganda might have been making on my anxiety levels. I wake up and I'm almost too anxious to function. Don't want to get out of bed but am simultaneously terrified that if i don't get out of bed, I'll lose my mind.

Anyone have insight on this claimed "wonder herb" for anxiety?

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I took it once before bed, and have never felt so angry, tense, wired and aggressive in my life whilst trying to sleep! Lol. Never again.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I dont think it takes effect that fast lol. It takes a little while to actually start working or doing anything.
Well, to be more precise, I took it about 2 hours before bed, and then while laying in bed, wide awake (even despite having taken my antihistamine that always allowed me to sleep), I was yelling in my brain, swearing, baffled as to why I felt SO angry and hyped up, and then remembered I'd taken it.

I googled it and it's not that uncommon! (Reddit)