• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

anyone there?

S

SisterInNeed

Hi
Im new to this forum and just needed to talk!
I dont really no what else to do to be honest. Ill start from the beginning!

Ok my bro was diagnosed with schizophrenia 7 yrs ago. He was in hospital for 6 months and was put on meds. He came home and found he could not live with us so asked to get a flat(was with us for 4 yrs). He got his flat 3 yrs ago and started to save money, got a gf and was getting so well again!

He was then told that his team were dicharging him as he was doing so well. He then split from gf and stopped taking meds (tablet form). They didnt rush him in and he was in a right state! violent etc! They put him on injection which has completely sent him over the edge! He doesnt wash, clean his flat, talks in a filthy manner etc. Hes so depressed and hes now been like this for 2 yrs!

The team who he is with now 'assertive outreach' are crap! They just come out to inject him and thats it! we are fighting to get meds changed and my poor brother doesnt no what to do!
I have just found out today that he has smashed up his TV and large mirror. we have to act like nothing is wrong. He laughs cuz of the voices in his head but says they arnt there! (THEY ARE!!)

I have just come from my mums house and my brother went upstairs, i heard him making himself sick (which hes done the past 2 yrs)

I cant take it anymore.....the mental health team are failing us and we dont no who to tell anymore!!!!

if anyone nos what to do PLEASE help me! help my brother,
all we want is for him to get better......will it ever happen???

thanks xxx

PS about 8months ago he also went round to his old school mates house. slit his tyres and put brick through window! he had to pay for damages! i had to have him arrested as he was carrying a knife around .... danger to self and others???? STILL didnt go to hospital!!!!!!

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
For You

I am hoping this will be just a line of support for You. And I am sending you lovingly supportive energy.

My sister is bi-polar. She once took an electric drill to her neighbours car, has written off several of her own cars, called the fire brigade when there wasnt a problem.... all sorts of things. They used to try and get her to voluntarily go to a place of safety.

They dont seem to section people so easily these days. After the big hospitals closed (Mrs Thatchers "care in the community" idea) there are not the places there used to be for people. Further cut backs in care for mental health problems have further eroded the service.

Last year I was a very real danger to myself and I was never sectioned.

I didnt even get any help at all. Though I requested it for ages. Eventually I got in touch with PALS - thats the Quality Control end of the NHS. They will help you make a complaint.

Quite quickly after I contacted PALS I finally got somewhere, after having waited three years for councelling and being passed around and over and "falling between services".

If you google PALS you will find them. It stands for Patient Liason Service, but you can complain on behalf of your brother.

Services have narrowed so more people fall between them so the NHS doesnt have to provide help. The police and prison service is increasingly in charge of more people who should have medical care.

The Old System of asylums was not perfect, but it was better than what we have now - which is very little. They were built on huge areas of land in their own grounds. They were sold off and builders bought the land for development. High Royds - Leeds - is now a housing estate.

Do get in touch with PALS. They will even provide an advocate if you would like one.

My heart goes out to you. You must be tired out with it all, dont forget to look after yourself a bit? :hug:

Best Wishes,
cloudberry

S

SisterInNeed

BLESS U!:)

thank u so much for your advice! taking it on board and will be trying them tomorrow!!! sorry for posting everywhere but i need to be heard! as i havent been heard for yrs!

thank u XXX

Rambuie Perspecador

Rambuie Perspecador

Founding Member
Check your entry under Sz. Reply there.

B

bebe

I am hoping this will be just a line of support for You. And I am sending you lovingly supportive energy.

My sister is bi-polar. She once took an electric drill to her neighbours car, has written off several of her own cars, called the fire brigade when there wasnt a problem.... all sorts of things. They used to try and get her to voluntarily go to a place of safety.

They dont seem to section people so easily these days. After the big hospitals closed (Mrs Thatchers "care in the community" idea) there are not the places there used to be for people. Further cut backs in care for mental health problems have further eroded the service.

Last year I was a very real danger to myself and I was never sectioned.

I didnt even get any help at all. Though I requested it for ages. Eventually I got in touch with PALS - thats the Quality Control end of the NHS. They will help you make a complaint.

Quite quickly after I contacted PALS I finally got somewhere, after having waited three years for councelling and being passed around and over and "falling between services".

If you google PALS you will find them. It stands for Patient Liason Service, but you can complain on behalf of your brother.

Services have narrowed so more people fall between them so the NHS doesnt have to provide help. The police and prison service is increasingly in charge of more people who should have medical care.

The Old System of asylums was not perfect, but it was better than what we have now - which is very little. They were built on huge areas of land in their own grounds. They were sold off and builders bought the land for development. High Royds - Leeds - is now a housing estate.

Do get in touch with PALS. They will even provide an advocate if you would like one.

My heart goes out to you. You must be tired out with it all, dont forget to look after yourself a bit? :hug:

Best Wishes,
cloudberry
Hi There,
High Royds i remember this place well i was put in there when i had a serve breakdown but luckily at the time my uncle and mum got me out it was not a very nice place but the staff where very caring and now it has gone and the new mental health hospital is suppose to be better that i do not know

L

littlemo

littlemo

hi thanks to all of you for making me feel welcome im just learning how to use my computer,my voices are bad at the minute,they dont really go away and i am finding it hard to cope with them.i listen to music and find writing poems about it can help sometimes.nightimes seem to b the worse time and i feel i have no one to talk to.it can be a lonely and scary time ,medication doesnt seem to be working and i dont like taking it because of side effects,dont know what else to do ,and feel so lonely,trying my best to deal with it,and sometimes i feelwhy is this happening to me and want to give up.i also feel i get nowhere with medical staff and drs,just take your pills go for a walk have a bath ,i feel angry when they say that.thanks again for listening.:oops::oops::oops::oops::unsure:

B

bebe

Hi There,
I fully understand how you are feeling that horrible feeling of isolation does not help at all.
I have also found some psychiatrists do often push meds as a aid to the problem some meds i have taken have not worked and have given me horrible side effects but it is finding the right meds that suit you that's the problem.
Have you tried thinking of a hobby to do throughout the day i ask because i have to keep my mind busy 24 hours a day this does help me.
I did find sewing keeps my mind full daily so try and find a hobby that suits you and try and think positive