• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone successfully exchanged tenancies despite ASB?

S

Stray

That's my question. I've read several threads about housing issues re antisocial behaviour. I relate so much to the stress of it all. I daren't say much about my situation, it does me no good, and bit paranoid. But am feeling trapped here. Just learned it's very unlikely that I can move from here (exchange HA flat or be rehoused) due to the ASB. Has anyone been able to get away from it through moving please? (I'm in a ha flat, got it because homeless previously, impact on my mh etc). Thank you

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
theres a housing crisis it;s hhard for anyone to get a place or to move, maybe your housing assoc may be able to do something, get letters from them refusing help and covering up into the hands of someone in a position to publish then threaten a crisis and he'll publish that as well, it's how i got rehoused

L

Lilac

That's my question. I've read several threads about housing issues re antisocial behaviour. I relate so much to the stress of it all. I daren't say much about my situation, it does me no good, and bit paranoid. But am feeling trapped here. Just learned it's very unlikely that I can move from here (exchange HA flat or be rehoused) due to the ASB. Has anyone been able to get away from it through moving please? (I'm in a ha flat, got it because homeless previously, impact on my mh etc). Thank you
If you're a victim of ASB there shouldn't be any reason why you cannot move. If you are in social housing speak to your landlord to see what they can do for you. You could also speak to Shelter and the CAB.
Bw

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
If you're a victim of ASB there shouldn't be any reason why you cannot move. If you are in social housing speak to your landlord to see what they can do for you. You could also speak to Shelter and the CAB.
Bw
theres no reason why he can't move he just needs somewhere to move to and social housing is in crisis

L

Lilac

And if in social let there is the Homeswapper website.
I thought housing through the social lettings is based on a points system - correct me if I am wrong and I would have thought that being the victim of asb would help his case? And the landlord may be able to help with dealing with the asb. I would have thought that those committing the asb could get evicted if the landlord thinks it is the correct form of action. Is this correct?

S

Stray

Thanks....... Landlord (HA) are aware of ASB. They don't help. I've sought advice, hence feeling trapped, as it seems unlikely can exchange/home swap as would need to declare issues of ASB.
I'm female.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my women friend went to brent council about rehousing they referred her to the homeswap wen site, she can;t use the internet so asked me i tried to register the web site wasn't working and you need to submit copys of supporting documentation, the web site itself says theres not much hope and suggests alternatives most of which require money or a job

policy with antisocial neighbours is to expect the neighbours to move

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Thanks....... Landlord (HA) are aware of ASB. They don't help. I've sought advice, hence feeling trapped, as it seems unlikely can exchange/home swap as would need to declare issues of ASB.
I'm female.
maybe if the person is male you could play the sexual harrasssment card and get help from some women's rights org, my prejudices are showing maybe

L

Lilac

I'm female.
What about the Police?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
maybe the antisocial neighbour if refusing treatment will have it forced on him, maybe he'll end up in prison i don;t know if housing benefit is paid, maybe he'll die 10 yrs is an alkys life expectancy and they won't be bothering people towards the end

S

Stray

maybe the antisocial neighbour if refusing treatment will have it forced on him, maybe he'll end up in prison i don;t know if housing benefit is paid, maybe he'll die 10 yrs is an alkys life expectancy and they won't be bothering people towards the end
It's not one person, it's several issues, households, long standing,complicated. Oh well.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
have tou proffessional support to help deal with it or have they closed your case?

i remember when i was harrassed by problem lids i phoned the central london law centre got referred on and after 6 referrals on got referred back to them, they after i told them the story again referred me on again i said i phoned them they told me to phone someone else they told me to phone someone else and i was referred back to you, they said we only deal with sexual and racial harrassment, i said what about harrassment of the disabled they quickly rang off

Pc fads come and go as do psychiatrists and social services fads, maybe in a few years your issues may be a recognised major problem

Last edited: