• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anyone relate? *Trigger Warning*

KittyCat92

KittyCat92

Can anyone else relate to this or am I just completely mad?

I’ve been having a lot of suicidal thoughts and thinking quite far into it but I know for certain there is one thing I would never do no matter what state I was in.

I know categorically that I would never ever do anything stupid while driving my car.

I mean I definitely wouldn’t want to involve any other drivers or pedestrians but I would never want to damage my car.

I love my car!

Am I mad? Or is there something you know 100% you would never do no matter how you were feeling in any given moment?

M

MK123

i would never overdose because i dont like tablets and i cant swallow them :/

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It is an interesting question because doing something with the car to hurt just me, was often on my mind years ago. Everything was on my mind every day. One day, it wasn't there anymore.

I think i decided i had to just wait it out, finish the race, get to the end. I accepted everything, it all, my life, my past, me, and decided to look after me and everything and everyone else could go fish or whatever the saying is.

Medication made huge changes

Is medication not helping you? I went through a few trials before finding the right ones and i had to take it for more than a year before my brain started to settle down.

Is it possible to push those thoughts away for good? To decided to ignore it and exist, and find some things that make the day less hard?

I hope you can do that

Please keep asking for help and please keep writing here because we can all support you through everything.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

mami5

mami5

Hi Kittycat, I'm with you on this. I too suffer from daily suicidal thoughts but I would never do anything that would damage my car! My car represents freedom as it enables me leave the house whenever I please and go wherever I want. This is something I didn't get when married to my controlling ex.

I hope you feel better soon :hug:

KittyCat92

KittyCat92

It is an interesting question because doing something with the car to hurt just me, was often on my mind years ago. Everything was on my mind every day. One day, it wasn't there anymore.

I think i decided i had to just wait it out, finish the race, get to the end. I accepted everything, it all, my life, my past, me, and decided to look after me and everything and everyone else could go fish or whatever the saying is.

Medication made huge changes

Is medication not helping you? I went through a few trials before finding the right ones and i had to take it for more than a year before my brain started to settle down.

Is it possible to push those thoughts away for good? To decided to ignore it and exist, and find some things that make the day less hard?

I hope you can do that

Please keep asking for help and please keep writing here because we can all support you through everything.
I’m not on any meds right now. I keep myself busy, I have work commitments to keep so I manage to keep myself safe by being busy. I actually love what I do, I still find enjoyment and passion in what I do so for me that’s what is keeping me going.

Apologies for not putting the trigger warning up 🤦🏻‍♀️

KittyCat92

KittyCat92

Hi Kittycat, I'm with you on this. I too suffer from daily suicidal thoughts but I would never do anything that would damage my car! My car represents freedom as it enables me leave the house whenever I please and go wherever I want. This is something I didn't get when married to my controlling ex.

I hope you feel better soon :hug:
Yes, this! This is how I feel, it’s my freedom to go where I like, when I like. I wouldn’t do something on purpose to jeopardise that!

U

Usedup

I Have suicidal thoughts at least twice a week. I choose life today. I'd never do anything in an automobile. My greatest fear is a failed attempt.