• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

anyone or amisulphide or abilify???

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hello everyone ive got a med review with the phyciatrist coming up i am currently on seroqel but i was just wondering if anyone is on abilify i am told that you get a bit of anxiety in the first couple of weeks anyone tried that what are your experiences with it? same goes for amisulphide and effexor look forward to reading your replies diddy:D

A

Apotheosis

Have been on been on amisulpride 12 years. Was on a massive dose initially, now I take a low dose. As they go I think that amisulpride is one of the better sedative drugs to take. I was offered a change to abilify; on balance I decided not to change. Good luck with whatever you decide.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi yes when i looked it up amisulphide has the least amount of side affects of all the antiphycotics that can only be a good thing. cheers diddy

A

Apotheosis

One of the worries is the raised prolactin levels on amisulpride (mine x3 what they should be); which you do not get with abilify. But then there are other possible side effects with abilify.

Anxiety also can cause raised prolactin as well.

I'd rather be on no psychiatric drugs; if I could manage things without becoming psychotic. maybe one day.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
whats wrong with raised prolactin so to speak??, i wish i didnt have to take the drugs too ive tried several times and the main problem is insomnia i literally cannot sleep. thanks for the reply diddy

A

Apotheosis

whats wrong with raised prolactin so to speak??, i wish i didnt have to take the drugs too ive tried several times and the main problem is insomnia i literally cannot sleep. thanks for the reply diddy
Sleep can be a major issue with me too.

Raised prolactin can cause sexual dysfunction, breast enlargement, & osteoporosis.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I'm on sulpiride, seems the psychiatrists secretary has only heard of amisulpiride and made a mistake on a letter, took a bit of sorting out

They're similar, i have raised prolactin

The most annoying psychiatrists are the ones who consider it's better to deny theres any side effects than to risk you coming off them, sometimes i just see them as drug pushers

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

Im on Abilify, i got the anxiety the first few weeks i was on it but it wore off pretty quickly. Im on the max dose which is 30mg I get no side effects now from it. Im also on Chlorpromazine too.

S

staples

i was on ambilfy briefly but it made me dizzy so had to stop, cant remember why i wa put oan that wan right enough:confused:

F

Frings

a lot of people myself included have had bad withdrawal symptoms when trying to come off effexor

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I was on abilify.I was ok to start with then i got a really bad tremor. So much that i found it very difficult to eat and swallow.I couldnt even type on my laptop.

I also had raised prolactin levels but was caused by risperdone.

Both have been tagged on my notes as an allergy to them. But i do think most people are ok on it.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Im thinking of taking amisulpride is it any good? i need to get it sorted quickly because i have to move soon...and it will be a pain in the arse to go through all the formalitys again just to get a decent medication. im not sure whether to take another crack at coming off the medication tryed twice now and relapsed twice im starting to think even if they found a cure for psychosis id still have to take these things.

Last edited: