Anyone on fluoxetine?

P

poppet99

Hi all, this is my first post and it would be great to hear from anyone who's on fluoxetine, I've been on 20mg for 13 weeks now for low mood and anxiety, although my anxiety is a bit better my low mood remains, I know everyone is different, and i really don't want to up my dose as the side effects were so bad for me. Was just hoping someone could reassure me that i just need to give them more time to work fully.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
I'd go and see your Gp again, normally they should work after 6-8 weeks.
Have you tried any talking therapies?
Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care

P

poppet99

Thanks for replying, and yes i know it says they should work within 6 to 8 weeks, and maybe they have a bit on my anxiety, its just that i've searched online for other peoples stories and some say to give them 4 months or so, and just wondererd if anyone else on here was taking them, and should i stick with them for now?
I was on sertraline to start with but had to come off it due to such bad side effects, even though i had bad side effects with fluoxetine they have now eased so i really don't want to change meds if there is any hope of me getting better with time.

ThatSinkingFeeling

ThatSinkingFeeling

I'll be honest, fluoextine were my first ever meds. They put me into comas. I barely remembered what happened whilst I was on them, though I was on a very high dose. I hope they're better for you.