• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Anyone on a depot?

E

emmaleemochizuki

I am being put on one.

What was the reason it was suggested to you? What do you struggle with?

B

Bunny7

I’ve had depixol in the past - my CPN encouraged me as she thought I was non-compliant (she was right!) I took it for a while but then refused as I wasn’t given a private enough space to receive it.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Med compliance and accountability for both the treating community mental health center and me.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Been on one for about 20 years as I used to keep overdosing, works better on me than tablets for some reason. First Risperidone and then Flupentixhol.

P

pollypocket88

Yes I’m on the depot because I don’t take my medication daily

W

WH433

I have been on one. It was a lie though, they said I didn't take my meds but I was taking them. I was forced on it with treatment orders and came off it when the mental health team finally left my life. I would have refused more and lived with the consequences if I didn't think they would report me to the registration body in my career of choice. At one point the tribunal sided with me and my evidence that I was taking my pills and told the treatment team to get me off it.

TigerGirlx

TigerGirlx

I have been on them and was for psychosis.