• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone not on medication?

Cabra

Cabra

Anyone diagnosed and not on meds?

R

Rebeca1

Anyone diagnosed and not on meds?
I was off medication a while ago and it didn't make any difference. I'm back on medication that doesn't help because it is paranormal.
My nurse convinced me to have a depot injection.

Cabra

Cabra

I've managed 15 years without medication for an episode. Then recently I was forced to take depot, would like to come off. Wasn't sure if doctors generally expect people to stay on them for life, leading to poorer quality of life and functioning. I'm awaiting a switch in consultang and hoping they will let me taper and come off.

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

Been thinking about tapering down myself but not sure if that's a good idea .

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I take meds, but I need to because I'm really ill without them. I can't sleep, paranoid and hear voices all day without meds. People who do actually cope well with the illness don't need to.

Cabra

Cabra

I'm doing good and want off meds so much, the dr seems to think i'm iller than I am or just likes to push meds too much. Hopefully can switch him.

Cabra

Cabra

I take meds, but I need to because I'm really ill without them. I can't sleep, paranoid and hear voices all day without meds. People who do actually cope well with the illness don't need to.
That sounds so difficult.
I wish drs would consider if someone copes ok then no meds is ok.

L

Lab rat

I’ll be on meds for life, I’ve accepted and made peace with that.