Anyone Looking For A Friend?

B

becky1989

Reading some of these threads makes me feel very sad. Going by my own experience, self harming is a very painful and lonely path. Some of you wanting some support and need some guidance to help you get out of this. I have recovered from 9 years of depression where I experienced sexual, mental and physical abuse. I use to self harm to numb out the pain now I have recovered from depression and looking on to a brighter and healthy life.

If any of you need to talk or have any experience in those fields or suffer and feel alone and need help. Feel free to message me on here and I can help and support you. It's a hard road but without help the problem becomes hard to face.

I'd like to help you and maybe see you face a much better life.

Take care

Becky

Gledge

Gledge

Hi Becky,

Just wanted to say what a lovely idea to start a thread like this. Very kind of you to do so.

Self harming is still a new thing to me. So it's still quite daunting to talk about it. But it's certainly affirmed that I'm not myself, even if I do feel reasonably well today. The slightest thing seems to set me off. For example was in tesco's and suddenly started welling up for no reason, kept it under control but was definite blow to my confidence. So get back, feel an idiot thoughts start racing etc. and self harm out of desperation to calm myself down. I'm heading home to see my parents for the weekend. (A bit apprehensive about it, hence me being on here instead of being in the car :p). So I won't be on the forum for a few days.

Still, nice to meet you and glad to hear you're currently in a better place right now. Have a nice weekend.

B

becky1989

Nice to meet you too. I see a lot of people on here in pain and wanting a friend to talk too. I just love helping people and want to see if I can do anything to help. That's nice to hear your visiting your parents on the weekend. Any exciting plans?

Mine's going to sleep and more sleep. Great weather here in London.

Have a lovely weekend too.

Gledge

Gledge

Yeah it's great weather here. Part of my excuse for setting off late. Love driving back along the north wales coast in the evening sun. Nothing that exciting planned. Getting M.O.T. done and will try and visit a friend who's finally got a job after hunting for the last couple of years. So time to celebrate. Or just play xbox all day like we're 13 year old kids again :p

J

jelly bean

Hi

I use to self harm quite bad a couple of years agO. I use to SH anywhere people couldnt see. 2 years ago I wanted to kill myself so walked out into the roadand a car knocked me down. I broke my ankle and leg. I have had 2 operations and still have loads of problems with it my leg and ankle. I have just been to see my surgeon this week and he said I could be looking at a having to have a ankle replacement and to get my head round that I will always have pain and will always suffer with my ankle. This really did hit me hard. All because I didnt get help years ago. After seeing my surgeon I phone the crisis team for help. I am now on meds and getting some help as I really do want to get better so will try my hardest now,

Anyway hope you all are having a nice evening x x

Last edited:
B

becky1989

Hey

I'm really happy to see you getting some help now. I hope you remain happy and have a happy and healthy life.

F

feelgood

Hi Becky

I self harm, i see a councellor once a week, i was sexually abused from 8 to 38 i have only this year spoken to someone about this. i get very lonely, noone knows i do this, and only one person knows about the abuse. i am hoping this site will help me acknowledge my problems. thank you for this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
honeymouse Self Harm Forum 3