• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone know what is wrong with me?

C

Cazz89

Hi i am new to this forum, firstly i'd like to say i am a very quiet, private person and find it hard to open up to people, i think it is issues with trust even with my own family. For peace of mind i'd like people with similiar issues to tell me what might be wrong.

Things all went wrong for me when i got diabetes at 13 and ever since i've struggled with depression and bad nerves. At 16 i was addicted to speed for 2 year and i believe i had drug enduced psychosis but never knew at the time, after i quit, it stopped. (I can remember having terrible thoughts, seeing things like shape changing robots, believe i was being followed every where, that people were conspiring against me and so on).

Now that i am 20, my mum has split with her fiancee of 10 years, he is trying to sell her house, although i am off the drugs, the stresses of life are bringing back them dark days. I have secluded myself from friends and family other than my mum and have a terrible fear of being around people, i believe the neighbors are spying on me from across the road and that next door are listening in on me. I believe people are trying to convey messages through means of products and newspaper headlines. I was taken to hospital recently for my diabetes and when i was in there the stress made me see a man in the room everytime i opened my eyes so i kept them closed, and the walls were closing in and breathing. When i was out the hospital i was in my house alone minding my own business when i say all these cars pull up with a thunderous roar and people getting out, so i was ducking and diving to lock the door thinking they were coming for me, however after 5 minutes i always seem to snap out of it no matter how terrified i am at the time.

I attend a Psychiatrist and counselling but can never seem to open up about these experiences

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

I think the best thing would be to print this out and hand it to your psychiatrist so you don't have to actually say anything. He should then be in a better position to treat you so you feel better.

T

Twylight

I've recently had a mild psychosis

I was being directed around my city by Seagulls - because I beleived my deceased Father - became a Seagull - as was his wish..

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hello there i am very sorry to hear about your troubles it sounded like me talking about 7 years ago i STILL believe that my neigbour are watching conspiring against me i still believe that theyre are bugs in my house i have lived in fear for a lot of my life. but i take a medication called seroquel do you have problems sleeping too? i can never sleep without this? anyway you are not alone i suggest talking to your phyciatrist about taking an antiphycotic drug this has been very helpful for me. good luck diddy:)

C

Cazz89

thanks diddypink, yes i used to be on Quatiapine but it gave me bad palpatations however i am on an antipsychostic called Sulpiride. I can't sleep either it's a bitch, but i am glad to hear there are people out there like you with similiar problems, thanks mate. :)

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi your welcome! other things that have helped me are exersize, eating healthily lots of fruit and veg brown rice etc, relaxation tapes, an mp3 player.
are theyre any mental health support groups near you? i was scared of going to them at first but when you sdo you realise theyre are lots of others who feel if not exactly the same but suffer in different ways and its great i went to a women only one at first and it can be a real laugh. i met a friend there and she kind of understands and doesnt vjudge because shes going through the same things cheers mate diddy

P

philmriv

Hi!

Congratulations on opening up here! That took courage!

You may have more than one problem.

Seeing a man that is not there is psychosis.

The good news is-- that is now a very treatable problem.

But you need to open up and tell your psychiatrist though. That way they can help you.

Psychosis requires medication (which can really help you).

But once you are stabilized, learn as much as you can about meds to make sure you are getting the best medications and avoiding the ones with side effects.

But the first step is-- you need to tell your psychiatrist. Very important.

Best, Phil

Hi i am new to this forum, firstly i'd like to say i am a very quiet, private person and find it hard to open up to people, i think it is issues with trust even with my own family. For peace of mind i'd like people with similiar issues to tell me what might be wrong.

Things all went wrong for me when i got diabetes at 13 and ever since i've struggled with depression and bad nerves. At 16 i was addicted to speed for 2 year and i believe i had drug enduced psychosis but never knew at the time, after i quit, it stopped. (I can remember having terrible thoughts, seeing things like shape changing robots, believe i was being followed every where, that people were conspiring against me and so on).

Now that i am 20, my mum has split with her fiancee of 10 years, he is trying to sell her house, although i am off the drugs, the stresses of life are bringing back them dark days. I have secluded myself from friends and family other than my mum and have a terrible fear of being around people, i believe the neighbors are spying on me from across the road and that next door are listening in on me. I believe people are trying to convey messages through means of products and newspaper headlines. I was taken to hospital recently for my diabetes and when i was in there the stress made me see a man in the room everytime i opened my eyes so i kept them closed, and the walls were closing in and breathing. When i was out the hospital i was in my house alone minding my own business when i say all these cars pull up with a thunderous roar and people getting out, so i was ducking and diving to lock the door thinking they were coming for me, however after 5 minutes i always seem to snap out of it no matter how terrified i am at the time.

I attend a Psychiatrist and counselling but can never seem to open up about these experiences

Last edited: