• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone here to talk too?

V

Vegay

It's okay @bpd2020 . I hope you are doing well lately.
I'm alright, it's just the sudden dips that I still find hard to manage sometimes.
I had a decent session with my counsellor yesterday, quite positive for a change. The previous week had been okay with regards to coping mentally.
However, this evening, my mood has started to deteriorate again, I'm mildy dissociating and I can't always pull myself out of it. I'm not even sure what the trigger is half the time. It's disappointing when you feel like you have it under control... but it creeps up on you and makes you realise, that you don't.

D

dewey

I'm alright, it's just the sudden dips that I still find hard to manage sometimes.
I had a decent session with my counsellor yesterday, quite positive for a change. The previous week had been okay with regards to coping mentally.
However, this evening, my mood has started to deteriorate again, I'm mildy dissociating and I can't always pull myself out of it. I'm not even sure what the trigger is half the time. It's disappointing when you feel like you have it under control... but it creeps up on you and makes you realise, that you don't.
You can't have it under control all the time though, how much of yourself is putting pressure on yourself to immediately recover. Instead take a comparative approach. How bad and how strong were your symptoms back when you were really ill? Could you grade your anxiety/dissociation on a scale of one to ten back then? And what is it now? Take the overall approach, not the nitpicking one.
If overall things are moving in the right direction, that's the important thing.
People with MH issues beat themselves up on average 50 times more than those without. (Okay, I made that statistic up, but you get the picture)

D

Deleted member 91323

Vegay, you have lost your dog recently. Maybe you are grieving. With BPD there are dips and sometimes it can be difficult to find the trigger.

V

Vegay

Thanks @dewey, I appreciate your response and it has been a useful insight that I need to try and remember.

V

Vegay

Vegay, you have lost your dog recently. Maybe you are grieving. With BPD there are dips and sometimes it can be difficult to find the trigger.
That's true, I am still devastated. I guess you're right, there are many ups and downs.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
AnnaBanana267 Does anyone else here deal with Health Anxiety? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
V Also has anyone here taken part in any online courses Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
Foxinahole Anyone with no family & abroad? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
C Does anyone relate? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
O Is anyone else bothered by people's tone of voice? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
D Has anyone tried Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
E Anyone diagnosed with a psychotic disorder as well as BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
F anyone have experience with lucid dreams ? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
D low, anyone around Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
S This is what I go thru. Can anyone else relate? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
J Hello . Just joined. Wondering if anyone else feels they will never beat BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
M Anyone else had this happen? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
mami5 Not well - need some company - anyone??? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 34
N I want to die or commit suicide so bad... I had an account on a suicide forum but my parents blocked the website. Can anyone help me? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
T Does anyone else feels this way? cw: brief mention of self-harm Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
B Is there anyone from Iceland? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
S Anyone else obsess over FP online status etc? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
N Does anyone elses mind wonder?? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
D Anyone there? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 21
S (newbieeee)heeeey anyone from NZ?? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
P Does anyone know of any private pschiatrists that are prepared to prescribe benzodiazepines Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
N Advice?? Does anyone else go through this Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
P Help/does anyone else suffer like this Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
M I cant find anyone attractive. Im broken. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
Nutsy Anyone around? I'm just starting to slump and I can't stop it. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 24
L Does anyone else her inner voices? Or went through a phsychotic stage Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
D Anyone used a mood tracker app ? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
IvyandJade Does Anyone Else Feel This Way Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
N Here We Go Again :( Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
T my first post here Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Fairy Lucretia im on here too much Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
S New here. Need advice Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
AnnaBanana267 Joining here is def triggering me - but it’s maybe not a bad thing… Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
A Feel like I don’t want to be here anymore Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
AnnaBanana267 Hi new here, in pain and looking for peer support Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
dustin001 DAE on here have no friends, live alone, and have no support network, if so how do you cope? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
M new here and feel like i'm losing my mind Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Nutsy Only come here when I'm low and I'm feeling guilty about it Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 25
N Hi all, new here. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
M I don't want to be here anymore idk what to do Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Fairy Lucretia when something negative is said on here Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
D Its so quiet on here. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 78
Fairy Lucretia would you notice if i wasn't here? x Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
Wallflower92 New here! Come say hello. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
V Can I be honest without being judged here? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
O First time here Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Fairy Lucretia do you ever feel not wanted here? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
Fairy Lucretia do you worry people talk about you on here? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
E Hi new here :/ Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
G hi, im new here. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4