• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Anyone here relate to these symptoms?

M

mugwort

Diagnosed by a psychiatrist several decades ago. Extremely high energy. Talking really fast. `"Bouncing off the walls" Last one figuratively speaking of course.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Diagnosed by a psychiatrist several decades ago. Extremely high energy. Talking really fast. `"Bouncing off the walls" Last one figuratively speaking of course.
I don’t see that in me when I am manic but other people do.

D

Dice

Watch this small segment of this girl, Johanna, from 5:00-6:10 and from 6:45-7:47 (there is more of her in the documentary too)

M

mugwort

Johanna does seem to demonstrate manic symptoms. Hope her meds are effective&safe. ie not dangerous side effects.

A

Another Maniac

Can absolutely relate! Except one time I literally bounced off the wall (okay it was actually a door) when I bolted full speed into it. My speech can get pretty rapid and turn into word salad as well.

A

Another Maniac

At the moment, I'm great. When I'm manic, I'm higher than life haha. It made a huge dent in the door but I didn't feel it, I was very unwell. How do you feel?

M

mugwort

Huge dent in your door. I bet your door is really hurting. LOL. I feel sorry you were feeling so unwell. I am taking my meds for bipolar. Getting into SNL's "Adam Grossman" ( Jonah Hill) at "Benihana" Likewise "Marvelous Mrs Maisel" Keeping in touch with my family and friends. Happy the NBA is back. Sixers players and coach fan.

A

Another Maniac

Seems you're doing well then! I'm happy for you. I don't follow the NBA but I love the tennis and AFL.

M

mugwort

Could be doing better. Feeling very tired these days. I know its for safety. I don't like being cooped up. I went to a private school near the Merion Cricket club, Haverford PA. Kids from the school used to watch the matches after hrs. Unfamiliar with the AFL. American Football League? How are you coping?

A

Another Maniac

Yeah isolation really causes strain on both mental and physical health. I miss my friends! Australian Football League, you should give it a look, it's a pretty unique game. I'm coping pretty well at the moment, I think. I've been very productive recently.

M

mugwort

Yes isolation certainly can strain both mental and physical health. Noticed my blood sugar (diabetic) went from 207 in the eve. to 115 fasting. OTOH I did take an extra Jardiance. Happy you're coping well. How do I give Australian Football league a look. I like Australian basketball.