• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

anyone have visual hallucinations?

L

loonie

visual hallucinations, visuals like commiting suicide?:confused:

A

AuroraBlues

Can you elaborate on them a little more?

I see shadow people everywhere, walking around, following people, following me, outside my window, in my home.

I also have what i call flashes. Visual Imagary of me doing horrible things to myself and sometimes others in the first person. Kind of like Brief movie clips. But it feels like i'm living it for a moment. They often happen at benign times, like whilst i'm watching TV, talking to a freind, or walking down the street. Out of everything i've experienced these are the most disturbing. I have a strong belief that this imagary has been placed into my mind from an outside source, which actually helps me to ground myself a little when it happens.

Aurora :)

L

Lady Summer Isles

Hi
Yes i get all sorts of things.
Lots of shadowy figures
knobs/ door handles turning in strange ways
See my Dead relatives
Latest ones were Marigolds(the flowers) not the rubber gloves as my hubby thought:D falling out of the sky like rain.

Too many to mention really, don't mind the nice stuff so much but not the nasty things.

Take care

P

phoenixx

yes i see shadow poeple always men they have no faces they contact me through sleep horrible nightmares suicid harming and killing of a friend its very disturbing i see them outside walking amoungst us all they attack through touch i can haer them to telling me to do things or making me belive things that cant be true. its is all very quick but over and over againg..starting a new medication abilify has anyone had this? let me no wat its like?

M

maudikie

Maudikie

I am a carer, but I am sure that my cared for can see things when in a crisis. He hasn't had oe for years, but at the time his eyes changed and he seemed to be inward looking. He now paints when he has time, and I think that visionary disturbance can be helped by this.

A

Affective

I've seen shadows on the wall, people outside holding knives, Jesus and more.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes visual hallucinations - count as flashbacks to me.

R

rainack

Yes I have a creature flying about mainly when when concentration is bad, it looks me in the eyes and is about 1 mtre long

bert tomato

bert tomato

Can you elaborate on them a little more?

I see shadow people everywhere, walking around, following people, following me, outside my window, in my home.

I also have what i call flashes. Visual Imagary of me doing horrible things to myself and sometimes others in the first person. Kind of like Brief movie clips. But it feels like i'm living it for a moment. They often happen at benign times, like whilst i'm watching TV, talking to a freind, or walking down the street. Out of everything i've experienced these are the most disturbing. I have a strong belief that this imagary has been placed into my mind from an outside source, which actually helps me to ground myself a little when it happens.

Aurora :)
When I had my most powerful recent psychosis in March I had severe visual hallucinations.

I went into Central London, and I could 'see' invisible people. Except they move fast, I would just catch their movements and they were gone.

In my psychosis, they were alien secret agents.

bert tomato

bert tomato

I already told one member this. I saw an Angel. What the angel was doing is Confidential.

Starless

Starless

I get a fair bit of "corner of the eye" hallucinations, visions whizzing past that I only catch for a second before they're gone again.

At times of high stress or sleep deprivation, I see people, which often scares me. I once had to call the police because I thought there was someone in my flat. That was pretty hard to explain.

P

Petalsoup

i have seen multicoloured rain indoors, and the road turn into a beautiful dark river I was wading through

also birds etc flying through the house, and mice (don't mind birds, don't like mice)

fleeting shadows which my head says are bad men

only at bad times tho. They were nicer when I first had them around 14/5, worse last year ie scarier feeling

P

Petalsoup

oh I once had a horrible one, of a childs hand reaching up and trying to open the front door. ugh sent shivers down my spine

Starless

Starless

Eep! That just sent shivers down my spine too. F**k seeing that. :\

P

Petalsoup

I know it was horrible. I was sat at the kitchen table and saw it through the window of the front door, a little hand coming up and trying and trying to open the front door. Then I heard a man's voice telling it to come away. I knew it was prob my head going funky but had to check, so ran up and looked out straight away even tho I was shitting it and there was no one in the street at all.

I reckon a lot of this stuff means something or other, like dreams. Fuck that tho indeed!