Anyone have more lows than highs?

Warrior

Warrior

My bipolar makes me on more lows then depression kicks in and then it takes a while to get over and it I do have an high which is rare I can't stop laughing but it makes me very short fused and my hubby as tongue lashing daily :eek:

calypso

calypso

Admin
I have always had more depressions than highs. Its awful isn't it? I don't get high very often at all and when I have I am really obnoxious after the "giggly" phase.

Warrior

Warrior

I have always had more depressions than highs. Its awful isn't it? I don't get high very often at all and when I have I am really obnoxious after the "giggly" phase.
Yes it is awful and it really gets me down, I am a quick fused person also so the both together my temper raises more then stress levels go up :whip: :hankie:...it's weird when the giggle occurs I find, I don't know if you feel the same :scratcheshead:

calypso

calypso

Admin
I find the "giggly" phase doesn't last long and then its full blown danger for me. I was giving away money left right and centre last high, along with other things going wrong. I don't spot dangerous situations either. But it also leads to a major depression after which is why I stick with my mood stabiliser come hell or high water. Its been a godsend to me.

Warrior

Warrior

I find the "giggly" phase doesn't last long and then its full blown danger for me. I was giving away money left right and centre last high, along with other things going wrong. I don't spot dangerous situations either. But it also leads to a major depression after which is why I stick with my mood stabiliser come hell or high water. Its been a godsend to me.
Oh so it is a dangerous aspect concerning yourself with me it's just laughing.
It's funny you saying you don't spot dangerous things neither do and that's another danger.

Well if your mood stabilisers helps then I don't blame you keeping with it, I take nothing for my depression they stopped the lot except for Valium which only sends me to sleep.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Why did they stop everything? That sounds quite drastic.

Warrior

Warrior

Why did they stop everything? That sounds quite drastic.
Yes it was drastic at the time, they stopped it because they said they'd over balanced the hormones of my brain besides Muscle Atrophy and the over balancing caused the brain damage.
I went through 6mths of hell with shakes to the system besides trying to hold something, instead of slowly taking them off me they stopped the meds and steroid jab in one go :hankie:

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

My Bipolar has changed over time, so that now I'm experiencing a constant low-level depression and only some hypomania during holidays. Of course, I work on it daily to keep it this way. Full manic episodes and the aftermath of psychosis were horrific experiences. I never want to go back to that.

Warrior

Warrior

My Bipolar has changed over time, so that now I'm experiencing a constant low-level depression and only some hypomania during holidays. Of course, I work on it daily to keep it this way. Full manic episodes and the aftermath of psychosis were horrific experiences. I never want to go back to that.
I can't work with mine one bit because of have so much going on with my health besides and I find it quite to much at times but I have learnt now to take each day as it comes and deal with it best possible...my main word in life to my hubby is SORRY i'm surprised his heads still on his shoulders with the snapping I do (n)

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

'One day, one hour, one minute at a time' is what I keep reminding myself. It is all I can handle.

Try not to beat yourself up over people's reactions to your symptoms! We all want to be good people and it's easy to get into a vicious cycle of feeling bad or evil from the Bipolar, then not behaving 'appropriately' because of feeling overwhelmed, then feeling wrong for something you said or did under extreme stress, and sinking further into depression... And around and around goes that nightmare merry-go-round.

Remember, your loved ones also are responsible for their emotions and reactions and should not be taking their frustration at your illness out on you.

N

Nina998

I've been at a psych ward because of lows four times during past 12 months and recieved ECT twice. Now they think I have borderline that keeps up my manic-depressive lows.

Warrior

Warrior

Crow King

Crow King

My bipolar makes me on more lows then depression kicks in and then it takes a while to get over and it I do have an high which is rare I can't stop laughing but it makes me very short fused and my hubby as tongue lashing daily :eek:
Most people--if not everyone bipolar--has more lows than highs.

Warrior

Warrior

Most people--if not everyone bipolar--has more lows than highs.
I do know I get sick and tied of it and the lows send me into low manic depression states where my mind cuts of from certain things :hug: