• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anyone have a song they cannot listen to due to trauma?

• Thread starter midnightphoenix
  • Start date
Zero One

Zero One

My first boyfriend's love for this song killed me and did so for years. I have heard it occasionally. I used to feel bad that he shared this song with his X, but I didn't realize until later by the voices that he broke up with her for me first. He is super successful now and has high degrees completed. Meanwhile I have this messed up mind that I can't pass classes with. I have only a low degree. I would literally read a line and forget it. The voices hurt me a lot with this as it relates to his success and it had me so depressed for two days.they were thing me they caused me to curse him so that made him successful and all he wanted from me is to love him again.

S

Skyblue

I saw this and just so related to my time in a truly awful psych ward. ‘Unfinished Symphony’ by Hybrid.
Improper care lead to all sorts of problems including chain smoking/panic attacks if l heard this song. Thankfully reclaiming music as a source of joy.
I hope you still find joy in some forms of music.

L

Ladyfair

ACCOUNT CLOSED
There are many certain ones remind me of someone who broke my heart. Some of my family.

P

PuppyBackpack19

Idk if this is 100% relevant, but I can't listen to certain songs or watch movies that are too romantic, since it reminds me of all the horrible ways people have rejected me, ghosted me, or decided I wasn't for them just based off of their shallow standard of beauty which is probably based on what's shown in Hollywood.

B

Babymama2

Loads!
mostly from my past abusive relationship.I can’t listen to that song that used to be on the Lloyds bank tv advert in 2016,it literally breaks my heart because it reminds Me of when I had an abortion I never wanted.
Can’t listen to hold back the river or sky full of stars either .
I feel depressed now just thinking of them