• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anyone has the hidden camera delusion?

MoodFlicker

MoodFlicker

My mother had this a decade ago. She thought she had secret cameras hidden inside her home. She also thought that there were tracking devices. That was the delusions she had back then, but it was worse last year. She thought people were about to get her. She had auditory hallucinations, and she thought I was part of "them". The ones who were about to get her. Cured with her medications.

Thankfully, I don't have that.
im sorry your mother had this, however very glad she has not had it since

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have the tv and radio “talking about my life”. I’ve had it since 1995 and no meds have changed my beliefs. I realized songs ”speak” to everyone and theirs a song for every situation..I’m never losing it. Thinking it could only be happening to me, was my mistake. At one point I thought I was God.

frisas45

frisas45

I'm not schizophrenic but my mother was and she had paranoid delusions, hard to be around, but even worse for her being convinced her beliefs were real, causing her much grief.
Same thing with my mother. She also believes her delusions were real. Although her meds fixed her delusions, the belief remains.

I

itsmeagain

Tvgirl.
This is not possible to have devices hidden inside you.
Try to remember it's in the mind.

jajingna

jajingna

There's a movie I saw about a schizophrenic man who had this sort of delusion. He drives around with newspapers over his windows and keeps his mirror covered. At one point he resorts to self harm.. wanting to remove some device he thought the hospital people left inside him or something..

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I just want this all to be done and over. I cant find a camera anywhere, so that makes me think that maybe this is a delusion.

I

itsmeagain

I just want this all to be done and over. I cant find a camera anywhere, so that makes me think that maybe this is a delusion.
It is an experience that you very often have which is real to you.
It worries you a lot.
It is very irrational as it's impossible.
I really wish you to feel way better tvgirl.

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It is an experience that you very often have which is real to you.
It worries you a lot.
It is very irrational as it's impossible.
I really wish you to feel way better tvgirl.
Thankyou. I hope we all have breakthroughs with this illness.

J

JustAUser

Hello guys.
I was taking amphetamines then methamphetamines for about 1 year. Then it started. Lasts for almost 2 years now.
I am thinking that students that i was studying with are spying on me with cameras, could read and comment my thoughts and feelings. It was very hard for about 1 year.
Also i have a somewhat strong confidence that my parents together with some other influential people started this, just to stop me from taking drugs.
This feeling is very strong and i am convincing it my every day.
It was hard to me even talk about this. Now after almost 2 years i could talk about this.
I had 2 suicide attempts.
How to cope with this shit?
Jut tell me if there are some devices on planet that could do this?
Thanks for help.
Even now they are laughing.

U

user1996

Hello guys.
I was taking amphetamines then methamphetamines for about 1 year. Then it started. Lasts for almost 2 years now.
I am thinking that students that i was studying with are spying on me with cameras, could read and comment my thoughts and feelings. It was very hard for about 1 year.
Also i have a somewhat strong confidence that my parents together with some other influential people started this, just to stop me from taking drugs.
It was hard to me even talk about this. Now after almost 2 years i could talk about this.
Thanks for help.
I also had a delusion that my thoughts were being read and that I was being spied. I also had 2 suicide attempts.
Now I think that I do not have delusions. My method to remove delusions - analyse them by yourself and analyze them with a good psychiatrist. My psychiatrist tells that delusions may be removed during even psychotic state by discussing them and, therefore, understanding that they are impossible and logically incorrect, false.

When I was taking antipsychotics, I gradually analyzed my ideas and each time understood that they are delusional - impossible, logically incorrect. And finally I removed all the delusions from my consciousness.

A bit more than a week ago I had a psychosis with voices. It developed to the almost uncontrolled state and disordered my thinking, affected it very significantly at its time. In its final state I couldn't remove not-normal thoughts and voices from my brain, but during its development I kept big control of my behaviour, decision making, and common adequacy, because I understand my illness, understand that I can have delusions and understand + remember how to think normally and how to decide what's possible and what's not.

This trick with deep understanding of the illness and delusions - their nature, not-logicness and their possibility (of appearing) - is hard to make during the active psychosis, because it's a disorder of biological work of the brain and it's hard to control your thoughts.

So, if you do not have active psychotic state and just have delusions sometimes, you can work on them with a good psychiatrist with respective skills and work on them by yourself. If you have a strong psychosis, it's better and the only solution in fact is to temporarily take antipsychotics till your brain hormonal state is normalized.

There are studies which state that long taking of antipsychotics provokes more psychoses and dysfunction of the brain. So it's better to take APs during the exacerbations.

But during the schizophrenia there is a possibility that you thinking will be destroyed because of a psychosis - I had this. My thinking was completely destroyed because of this "cognitive" psychosis. Now it seems to significantly recover, but the psychiatry tells that it's very hard to regain thinking if it's destroyed by schizo. So if you notice big cognitive weakness, small, low - not your usual level of thinking, it's better to start taking pills, because I didn't started and had my thinking and memory completely wiped out - a year ago I couldn't remember two short sentences together, so big was my cognitive deficit because of schizophrenia.

U

user1996

Hello guys.
Thanks for help.
About devices: if to imagine such devices, people need to know the exact place of the brain to put them to read your thoughts. Currently nobody knows - science does not know - almost anything connected to the process of thinking of a human in common, scientists now only find zones of the brain which are responsible for some thinking-tasks. So, it's maximally possible that nobody knows where to put the devices in the brain to read thoughts.

The devices by themselves should be very small and somehow work without energy, or be changed regularly - I've never heard of such advanced technologies. You need to get the device to some particular part of the brain, make that it does not get out from that place. And you need super big amount of such devices, because obviously huge amount of neurons is used to perform thinking. These devices have to work in substance, which also might sometimes change and also affect them. It's an additional difficulty in creating devices to read thoughts.

And finally people have to understand the algorithm, principle of neurons communication which produces the thought. For even small thought, for any thought I think that at least thousands of neurons' interactions are made. People need to compare your speech to these thousands or maybe decades of thousands or more of signals, which also might be variable, and understand the complete principle of the thinking. I can explain more deeply, but it's even in this perspective should seem a superhard intellectual task, which is currently unsolved and is currently unreal to solve neither intellectually nor technically, neither theoretically nor practically.

So far, there is no even a single discussing-worth model of thinking in common, no one even has an idea of this. It's still unknown whether it's possible to create artificial intelligence using programming code.

S

schizbutok

I have had very similar delusions, that my friends, family and strangers are all watching me through my phone, laptop, tv cameras, filming me in public, threatening me and laughing about it, I don't think it ever goes away unless you choose to stop thinking about it. Try to remember that you can be wrong about these things, and that you are in a safe place. Are you using any drugs or smoking cigarettes?

J

JustAUser

I have had very similar delusions, that my friends, family and strangers are all watching me through my phone, laptop, tv cameras, filming me in public, threatening me and laughing about it, I don't think it ever goes away unless you choose to stop thinking about it. Try to remember that you can be wrong about these things, and that you are in a safe place. Are you using any drugs or smoking cigarettes?
No , not at ALL. For about 2 years now. Even dont smoke cigs, dont drink beer.
Also i have a memory loss sometimes, when i am concentrated on voices.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my neighbour used to be convinced cameras were watching him walking down the street and those operating the cctv probably were keeping an eye on him

Last edited by a moderator: