• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anyone has the hidden camera delusion?

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

I had this many moons ago. I thought there were cameras in my television and my alarm clock and hidden on my walls. Sometimes I still think of that psychosis but I tell myself it wasn’t not real. It’s so hard to explain paranoia. But that’s where it stemmed from. Paranoia. If you are reading this and are getting angry thinking that there’s no way someone could believe something like this you’re wrong. The reason that I feel like I was being watched was because maybe someone was stalking me. Either way I think I got over my delusions and my psychosis greatly.

T

Thelma27

I know what you mean about the delusion and paranoia and how no one can truly understand the gravity of paranoia as a result of schizophrenia i get people saying things like you don't look unwell you look normal because I am not roaming the streets naked or being aggresive it upsets me a lot because if you have never suffered with a mental health condition it's hard to believe that people with our condition do look normal but the effects of our condition is damaging the people close to me says I am now a shadow of my self I feel sad that I am no longer the person I use to be but I am also happy because I am now receiving treatment and I am no longer suffering in silence I know one day I will be better again

jajingna

jajingna

I'm not schizophrenic but my mother was and she had paranoid delusions, hard to be around, but even worse for her being convinced her beliefs were real, causing her much grief.

T

Thelma27

I am so sorry to hear that hope she is well now

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know what you mean about the delusion and paranoia and how no one can truly understand the gravity of paranoia as a result of schizophrenia i get people saying things like you don't look unwell you look normal because I am not roaming the streets naked or being aggresive it upsets me a lot because if you have never suffered with a mental health condition it's hard to believe that people with our condition do look normal but the effects of our condition is damaging the people close to me says I am now a shadow of my self I feel sad that I am no longer the person I use to be but I am also happy because I am now receiving treatment and I am no longer suffering in silence I know one day I will be better again
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I just hope this is a delusion and not real for me. It's good to know I'm not the only one suffering from this. Still it's not easy believing when people are telling me it's not true.

There’s no way to prove if it’s real or not if it’s been so long. So the only thing you can do is cope with it. If you feel physically ill from this then you must see a doctor and explain to him what you were going through if you have pain. Within reason. Other than that the only thing you can do is talk to a therapist to convince yourself that you were better than this delusion

jajingna

jajingna

I am so sorry to hear that hope she is well now
Oh, well my mother died four years ago. Unfortunately she was unwell up to the end, it was a hard life with a hard illness, but she had seven sons also.

T

Thelma27

I am so sorry for your lost i hope you can take comfort from knowing that she is now at peace I am normally calm even under intense pressure from the voices in my head hallucination and delusion but on very rare occasions I have outbursts especially when I am around people I cannot trust I can be very protective of my love ones more than I am of myself

MoodFlicker

MoodFlicker

hello, yes I had psychosis, I had many delusions, cameras was one of them, i no longer have psychosis been free of it for 6 years now, i got better through seeing a psych and cpn, crisis team and the step team, was highly medicated, and i lost my job, that made it better, having less responsibility as possible, plus i had support from my mother, she was very frightened, since i recovered from psychosis i did DBT group therapy for 1 year on a weekly basis, this helped dramatically for me

For me psychosis felt like being trapped in a horror movie and could not trust anyone, however with a horror movie you can just switch it off and generally lasts less than 2 hours, but psychosis is 24/7

you see there is hope, you can get through this, cbt (cognitive behaviour therapy) was the first thing my cpn got me to try, also guided meditations on youtube, or on a cd, I chose cd as felt more comfortable

MoodFlicker

MoodFlicker

just wanted to add, don't put a time frame on recovery hun, i had psychosis for 6 months, was forced back into work via mht and then had psychosis again for a further year, then i moved out and got my own home as my stepdad was an ass, and well i had him arrested when i moved out, and it turns out stress was the main cause of my psychosis, via ex stepdad, and work, and abusive relationships, i was told basically stress to excess can cause psychosis, and was told much later I had CPTSD (complex post traumatic stress disorder) and BPD (borderline personality disorder)

remember that what you experience is very very real to you, however those experiences are delusions, I know how real they seem when you can see, hear, smell, feel, taste things that are not what other people experience, i smelt poop very often for example yet nobody else could

stay strong, be kind to yourself, you can get through this

MoodFlicker

MoodFlicker

jajingna

jajingna

free of it for 6 years now
Good to hear.
stress was the main cause of my psychosis,
I found that true also. Had it happen four years ago after mother died and family showed up for funeral and stayed in the house, I got anxious around them, did too much drinking, not enough sleeping, and slowly I guess the anxiety got out of control, then madness crept into the picture and took over for a few months..

frisas45

frisas45

My mother had this a decade ago. She thought she had secret cameras hidden inside her home. She also thought that there were tracking devices. That was the delusions she had back then, but it was worse last year. She thought people were about to get her. She had auditory hallucinations, and she thought I was part of "them". The ones who were about to get her. Cured with her medications.

Thankfully, I don't have that.

MoodFlicker

MoodFlicker

Good to hear.

I found that true also. Had it happen four years ago after mother died and family showed up for funeral and stayed in the house, I got anxious around them, did too much drinking, not enough sleeping, and slowly I guess the anxiety got out of control, then madness crept into the picture and took over for a few months..
thank you

im sorry you had this too, its hell isnt it

:grouphug: