Anyone has interview anxiety?

BLACKER

BLACKER

I built good attitude of work such as self-motivated, cheerful, leadership, enthusiasm, energetic when I am in good mood.

But I am down, I just cant performance well.

I have an interview tomorrow I feel nervous. I think I have no strength instead having multiple negative traits.

But I need job. I cannot just give up myself.

How to have stable performance when I am not in a good situation during interview?

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
You just need to believe in yourself bro. Be calm and positive. You got this!

J

Jules5

Close your eyes and talk-but not literally. Make frequent eye contact as your eyes are closed anyways. You see this person as a promoting thought. Keep your eyes closed and go through the interview with your eyes wide open if this makes sense. Protect your anxiety by just mentally closing your eyes while remaining present at all times alert.

J

Jules5

I have my eyes wide open right now But I am not anywhere of my surroundings. Like at the interview close your eyes mentally and feel your surroundings you are going to just fine. Promise Think of me and you will not have to worry. I am just a person who wants you to succeed.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
It’s normal to feel nervous before an interview. It would be more concerning if you weren’t. The interviewer will expect this. If you know breathing techniques practice them tonight then again before you go in. The one I use for my social anxiety that I was taught was

Breathe in fo the count of three
Hold for the count of four
Breathe out for the count of five

It’s always important that you breathe out for longer than you breathe in. It really does help. Good luck for tomorrow

Hopefuloldie

Hopefuloldie

If you are struggling, focus on the priorities - can you articulate why you are so keen to work for them? The appearance of enthusiasm will compensate for a lot. So make sure you know about the organisation and the job, and try to prepare a few examples of your past work that would be relevant to them. Don't worry about the nerves, smile and be authentic. Good luck!

T

Tabby120

What has helped me is routine and focusing on non-important details. Make sure my interview outfit fits great and looks great. Freak out over which button down shirt to wear. Freak out over which shoes to wear. Get the copies of the resume and the notebook and pens that actually write set.

Practice the common questions - weakness, examples of past work, what you can bring to the table - and make sure you consciously remember specific examples. Remember this is basically salesmanship, you are selling a product (yourself) and you are putting the best shine on it, and they are simply trying to figure out which product (interviewees) is exaggerating/lying the least and fits the best.

J

Jules5

What has helped me is routine and focusing on non-important details. Make sure my interview outfit fits great and looks great. Freak out over which button down shirt to wear. Freak out over which shoes to wear. Get the copies of the resume and the notebook and pens that actually write set.

Practice the common questions - weakness, examples of past work, what you can bring to the table - and make sure you consciously remember specific examples. Remember this is basically salesmanship, you are selling a product (yourself) and you are putting the best shine on it, and they are simply trying to figure out which product (interviewees) is exaggerating/lying the least and fits the best.
Love your post....

M

megirl

I find with anxiety the best thing to remember it is natural to feel anxious.
I have been in and interview for my first nursing job, I knew the type of questions they would ask.
I knew what I was going to say, and all the details.
I got halfway through the interview, then bang, my brain went blank I looked at my future employers and thought shit. Instead of rambling I just said "I'm sorry I've just lost my train of thought" then I just glanced away gathered my thoughts and carried on.
The interview was completed clearly I was a little nervous one of the ladies that was in the interview gave me a smile and told me I " you did well"
So yeh that worked for me

BLACKER

BLACKER

Close your eyes and talk-but not literally. Make frequent eye contact as your eyes are closed anyways. You see this person as a promoting thought. Keep your eyes closed and go through the interview with your eyes wide open if this makes sense. Protect your anxiety by just mentally closing your eyes while remaining present at all times alert.
Its a good technique. Its like imagination, image the positive interaction for you and interviewer is it???

BLACKER

BLACKER

It’s normal to feel nervous before an interview. It would be more concerning if you weren’t. The interviewer will expect this. If you know breathing techniques practice them tonight then again before you go in. The one I use for my social anxiety that I was taught was

Breathe in fo the count of three
Hold for the count of four
Breathe out for the count of five

It’s always important that you breathe out for longer than you breathe in. It really does help. Good luck for tomorrow
Thank you... Actually I forget to apply this technique during interview. But I use it before sleep, it makes me feel relax and let go some of my thoughts before sleepppp...

This one can use for social anxiety? Wow, I hope I can remember this technique when I have nothing to say during a conversation....

BLACKER

BLACKER

If you are struggling, focus on the priorities - can you articulate why you are so keen to work for them? The appearance of enthusiasm will compensate for a lot. So make sure you know about the organisation and the job, and try to prepare a few examples of your past work that would be relevant to them. Don't worry about the nerves, smile and be authentic. Good luck!
Thank for your guiding. Ya, the "Why" is very important question before we go to an interview.... I did prepared a few examples to tell them why I suit this position. Actually I afraid about what if my enthusiasm disappears, I can enthusiasm initially, I find hard to maintain as I always think a lot and the anxiety replaces my passion toward the job..

BLACKER

BLACKER

I agree with you, interview outfit can make me feel good. I did some make up although I feel like not confident on my whole appearance. But it actually let me to feel that I am at least seems attractive to myself....

Thank for your suggestion..

BLACKER

BLACKER

[Newly UPDATE]

I finally went to that interviews, I am not well prepared but I tried to believe myself.
I wrote in my resume that I am great in communication skills ( only when I in manic episode)
but at this moment I am not good in communication skills.

I just prepared the answer that I found on google, copy and paste, understand the expectation from hiring manager. Luckily the interviewer is so nice. Although I am not fluently in speaking english, they still manage to understand what I am talking..

Finally they accept me, and ask me to consider their job after go to another interview.

Now I just need to decides which company is good based on my own adjustment...

Thank for your concern, some of your techniques are good, I really used them during interview.

Love you all!