• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

anyone had this? would love help.

T

tryingtogetthrough

So the past 4 months,I've been going through extreme depression and anxiety, to the point where I sometimes experience depersonalisation/derealisation If I'm stressed or just not concentrating.I'm 17, I just finised highschool, and am transitioning into the "real" world. My life had changed dramatically in the last four months. my social circle has changed dramatically in the last 4 months,going from one very close friend who was like a sister to a few different friends, and a couple best guy friends. I go to tafe instead of highschool, have a few people who don't like me which I'm not used to really, my lifestyle has changed dramatically. I've been through a lot,suffereing from intrusive thoughts that made me hate myself. Made me doubt who I was, and what I stood for. I never would act on them, it was like they weren't my thoughts. They have gone dramatically. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. Now, when I watch movies and tv shows, I always OVER ANALYZE, everything. If I'm watching a horror I justify them bY asking "what if they had a really bad childhood?" Or "what if they have a mental disorder?." I'm also asking myself things like "what would I do in that situation?", "am I capable of doing something like that?" Or "they can't help what they're doing, they think differently from me and have a different life." It's really frustrating,like really frustrating. I just put myself in it too much, and think too much. Its to the point where I don't like watching movies or tv shows because I don't want all the thoughts. I can't follow the movie because I'm concentrating more on thoughts. It's like I've lost a sense of myself? I can't just be in myself, I have to put myself into the movie or into the character. It makes Me feel like I don't know who I am anymore. could this be depersonlisation? I also doubt things around me. I ask myself questions like "what if I get into a car,thinking it's my Mims, when really I'm hallucinating and its a rapists or something?" I doubt myself. Can this be helped? I don't want to be scared of watching things

H

Haley

Don't talk yourself into the world of Psychiatry. They'll be happy to give you a pill, whether you need it or not.