Anyone from N.nevada/Lake Tahoe area?

aspieguy1984

aspieguy1984

Im in N. Nevada/Lake Tahoe area. Looking to see if im the only one. Would like to maybe have someone to talk to via text.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Most folks here are from the UK. There are a few of us Americans here. I'm from Georgia.

Redgirl12

Redgirl12

Hi! :peace: I'm from Reno/sparks

aspieguy1984

aspieguy1984

I, unfortunately or fortuately, depending on how you look at it, just moved out of the area😔. Im in SoCal now. I had to get out of the area. It was best for my mental health. I was in jail in Carson City. Was released then moved.

Redgirl12

Redgirl12

I, unfortunately or fortuately, depending on how you look at it, just moved out of the area😔. Im in SoCal now. I had to get out of the area. It was best for my mental health. I was in jail in Carson City. Was released then moved.
Oh, well then that's good ummm not good? I'm glad your doing the best for your mental health.

aspieguy1984

aspieguy1984

I like it better up there, but with no family or friends to speak of i was homeless, and not doing well. The Carson City sheriff's department is a joke. They dont care about people with mental illness. Kenny furlong is as corrupt as they come. But i digress. At least im not homeless anymore, i am safe with family. Trying to figure out my next move.

Redgirl12

Redgirl12

I like it better up there, but with no family or friends to speak of i was homeless, and not doing well. The Carson City sheriff's department is a joke. They dont care about people with mental illness. Kenny furlong is as corrupt as they come. But i digress. At least im not homeless anymore, i am safe with family. Trying to figure out my next move.
Reno pd isn't much better......I'm not a fan of cops. They mess with my roommate way too much.

aspieguy1984

aspieguy1984

Nor am i. They cause more problems than they solve. I never shoud have been taken to jail. They shoud have taken me to BHS. I was off my meds for a few weeks, tried serious self harm twice finally able to get out i was screaming and yelling, throwing rocks at people who were trying to help me, but i perceive them as a threat given my mental state. I never hit anyone with the rocks, didnt cause any damage etc. but instead they took me to jail. Was locked up for 28 days. Was refused some of my meds. Those 28 days messed me up even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redgirl12

Redgirl12

Nor am i. They cause more problems than they solve. I never shoud have been taken to jail. They shoud have taken me to BHS. I was off my meds for a few weeks, tried serious self harm twice finally able to get out i was screaming and yelling, throwing rocks at people who were trying to help me, but i perceive them as a threat given my mental state. I never hit anyone with the rocks, didnt cause any damage etc. but instead they took me to jail. Was locked up for 28 days. Was refused some of my meds. Those 28 days messed me up even more.
Wow.....then its really good you left. You have your meds on track now?

Last edited by a moderator:
aspieguy1984

aspieguy1984

Yes, back on track. Trying to get settled here where i am now. Trying to find work but about to just give up on that. Being bipolar and schizophrenic makes it hard to work. Been unemployed for 4+years. Little things here and there came up to make money but that was due to knowing alot of people. I dont really know anyone here aside from family.

Redgirl12

Redgirl12

Yes, back on track. Trying to get settled here where i am now. Trying to find work but about to just give up on that. Being bipolar and schizophrenic makes it hard to work. Been unemployed for 4+years. Little things here and there came up to make money but that was due to knowing alot of people. I dont really know anyone here aside from family.
But your safe that's all that matters at the moment. I always believe that God will bring you the other things when its time.

aspieguy1984

aspieguy1984

This is true. My poppa isnt too worried about me finding a job. Says the same thing you do. But its better for my mental health if im doing something to bring in my own money. In the mean time i do chores around the house. Cook meals etc.

Redgirl12

Redgirl12

This is true. My poppa isnt too worried about me finding a job. Says the same thing you do. But its better for my mental health if im doing something to bring in my own money. In the mean time i do chores around the house. Cook meals etc.
I sounds like you have a good system down.

aspieguy1984

aspieguy1984

Being in jail messed me up so bad that i would rather die than go back to jail.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M USA Mental Health Forum 0